Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

??? About SuperNova

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2002, 11:55 PM
Joss Stick
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ??? About SuperNova

I noticed recently I get a better charge from my SuperNova if I charge on Automatic as opposed to a specific battery setting.

I've noticed this with the NImH batteries I use in my digital camera. On auto it might take 6 hours from them to charge but I get the 1300mAH they are rated for. This is from the point the camera is no longer operational with the batteries. I also noticed when charging the 800mAH pack in my JR Transmitter. On Auto it does better than on the battery setting.

I guess my question is, is this normal or is there something wrong with the SuperNova??
Old 12-01-2002, 12:24 AM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm no expert, but;

I guess it depends on the current you select in manual mode. My experience is that the slowest you put energy in the pack, the more energy you can put before the peak detection.
Go slower, maybe C/5 and compare.

Good luck,
Edgar
Old 12-01-2002, 01:07 AM
IronZ
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe that the auto mode is for NiCads only. You may be damaging you NiMH's.

IronZ