Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Li-po newbie

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 01:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Li-po newbie

I am new to li-poly batterys but I have just learned a valuable lesson. I was adjusting the blade tracking on my walkera 36 heli (holding it in my hand and running the blades up to see them track ) when the battery came loose and fell about 2.5 feet to the concrete floor of my work shop. I looked the battery over and saw no apparent damage so I set it aside and went on with my heli tuning with another battery pack about 30 minutes later I could smell something and picked up the battery that I dropped only to find it quite hot. So I took it outside and set it on the patio where the temp was about 10 deg. F and it was warm to the touch for several hours but never flamed out or anything like that but it does appear th be slightly swollen. So I am assuming that this battery is no longer serviceable and should be disposed. please let me know if this is true and if it can salvaged it is a 11.1v 1800 mah pack (a cheap pack that came with the helicopter) .[/font]
Old 02-19-2006, 06:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Li-po newbie

Jeff, That battery is toast. Get it out and away from the house or anything else that will burn.
I would put it in a bucket of salt water and leave it for a few days.
That battery can explode at any time. BG