Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

BANTAM chargers

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 02:01 PM
kristijan-k
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BANTAM chargers

Hello,

Anyone knows where to buy Bantam chargers and accessories ?

What are the prices ?

I am mainly interested in e-Station 902 or e-Station 701 charger.

http://bantamtek.com/products/charger-902.htm

http://bantamtek.com/products/charger-701.htm

Are these any good ?

Best regards,
Kristijan

Old 04-13-2006, 03:44 PM
TampaRCGuy
My Feedback: (282)

Default RE: BANTAM chargers

I import the Bantam chargers. They are ecellent chargers! You won't be dissappointed. Email me if you have any questions.

www.rcaccessory.com
Old 04-13-2006, 04:28 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

They look impressive, particularly the 901. Has anyone done a review on them yet?
Old 04-13-2006, 04:32 PM
GaryH-Eugene

I just did a google search using "bantam e-station" and came up with 169 hits. A lot of them look like hobby sites. I can't recommend any one in particular but this might be a good start for you.

Here is a link to the google search: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...ntam+e-station

Gary
Old 04-15-2006, 11:11 AM
Panzlflyer
My Feedback: (15)

I currently have a 902 and software on backorder with Evan....will let you know when it shows up.
Old 04-15-2006, 04:58 PM
TampaRCGuy

Hey Andy,

The 902 charger hopefully will be shipping soon, I will let you know. Bantam is redoing the software on the 902, adding more features and functionality. Soon as I get what is new, I will post it. The "old" 902 was an incredible charger, looking forward to seeing the updated version!
Old 04-15-2006, 06:59 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned

ORIGINAL: RC Accessory

Hey Andy,

The 902 charger hopefully will be shipping soon, I will let you know. Bantam is redoing the software on the 902, adding more features and functionality. Soon as I get what is new, I will post it. The "old" 902 was an incredible charger, looking forward to seeing the updated version!
I would look forward to testing and doing a review on it.

The Battery Clinic
Model Aviation magazine
Old 04-16-2006, 09:51 AM
Panzlflyer

I meant 902, I see that they have a couple of mid range ones as well on your site.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:59 AM
TampaRCGuy

Andy, no worries! Bantam is one of the few companies that makes a complete series of chargers from the low end to the high end. I don't even carry them all! Same goes for Orbit and Shultz, the model #'s can get confusing.

One of the major benefits I see in working with a manufacturer like Bantam is they update the products versus someone who OEM's a charger, even from Bantam. In the 7 months I have been working with Bantam, they have updated the 301, 902, 501DX, and the PB-5 lipo balancer. They have also released 2 new chargers, the BC-5 and the LP-4.

There is no doubt that Bantam makes incredible products and is dedicated to maintaining a highly competive product in any market space.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:42 AM
TampaRCGuy

The Bantam e-Station 902 chargers are now in stock. Andy, your charger will be shipping this weekend.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:14 PM
kdarr

I agree with Red I think he needs one to evaluate. I would be very interested in the 902, the charger does look impressive! I would order one if I could read a review that was positive from Red...Also, what's the going price for the 902?

Thanks,

Kevin
Old 05-26-2006, 03:51 PM
TampaRCGuy

The 902 is $299.00 @ RC Accessory. www.rcaccessory.com

Email me privately, [email protected] and I can put you in touch with a nationally sponsored electric pattern pilot who uses the 902 chargers. He has 2 of them.
Old 05-26-2006, 05:08 PM
Panzlflyer

Thanks Evan
Old 05-27-2006, 07:47 PM
TampaRCGuy

ORIGINAL: andyt

Thanks Evan
Shipped out today Express Mail. Will be delivered on Monday.

Evan Chapkis
RC Accessory
Old 05-28-2006, 07:26 PM
decay

When is Red S. going to review these chargers? Red will see what there made of, and end the mystery
wether there good or garbage!!!!!
Old 05-30-2006, 05:51 PM
Panzlflyer

Got my 902 today and slapped it on the power supply, installed the software, seems pretty well made, solid Aluminum case with fan, backlight LCD.
I played with the menu and put a Nimh that was lying around on charge to see if it was usable Without reading the manual! as Im sure most will do it that way.
It is with a couple of little quirks regarding storing user settings for the 10 memory locations...seems the battery needs to be attached to save?
Will upload some screen shots etc after the Hockey....GO Canes!!!
Old 06-15-2006, 12:29 AM
philpop

Hi Peoples,

Im wondering if the software on the charger is more similar to the SJ Swallow advance or the SJ Platnium in terms of the way its layed out. Does this charger have warning devices built in if you select the wrong cell count?

where can I get a manual

thanks
Phil
Old 06-15-2006, 04:49 AM
TampaRCGuy

Hi Phil,

I import the Bantam chargers in the US. I am not familiar with the Swallow chargers to inform you of any similiarities.

The 902 (301DX and BC-5 as well) confirms your cell count when it does a battery check before charging. The charger will show you what you selected and what the charger determined the cell count to be. If they match, then you have to press start again to begin the charging. This is an important safety feature of the charger. It will not allow you to charge the pack if the cell count confirmation is different.

You can find the manual here: http://www.bantam301.20m.com/902.htm

Here is the screen that confirms or cancels the cell count confirmation.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx72454.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	196.9 KB
ID:	477918  
Old 06-15-2006, 07:54 PM
decay

Phil,
There is a thread on another website that shows the Multiplex, Swallow & Bantam all with covers
removed. It was confirmed these 3 chagers (and others) were the same units as
far as electronic circuitry design is concerned. The firmware(programing) chip
carried the same ID number as well. Rumor has it that the Banttam camp
doesnt confess to theirs being the same. Due to the inherent problems with
the design & the fact Bantam is asking $20 more for the same charger.
Thats the scoop I get off the forums. LOL!!

Jonny on the spot
Old 06-15-2006, 08:26 PM
TampaRCGuy

ORIGINAL: decay

Phil,
There is a thread on another website that shows the Multiplex, Swallow & Bantam all with covers
removed. It was confirmed these 3 chagers (and others) were the same units as
far as electronic circuitry design is concerned. The firmware(programing) chip
carried the same ID number as well. Rumor has it that the Banttam camp
doesnt confess to theirs being the same. Due to the inherent problems with
the design & the fact Bantam is asking $20 more for the same charger.
Thats the scoop I get off the forums. LOL!!

Jonny on the spot
Decay, get over it already! Enough already. Swallow makes their own chargers as does Bantam. The Multiplex is made by Swallow. The facts are the facts.

Phil, the charger Deay is referring to is the Bantam 301 and the Multiplex LN-5014N.

Decay, I buy the Bantam line direct from Bantam and have conversed with the Director of Sales for Bantam on this subject and his answer was very clear. Bantam and Swallow manufacturer their own products and Bantam designs their chargers and has designed chargers for other companies as well.

The Multiplex unit is manufactured by Swallow under contract. In the thread you referred to, you cannot see the chip identifiers, that comment was from someone who said they have a friend in the electronics industry or something to that effect. In any case, it is not factual.

Your comments have nothing to do with the questions at hand. The "scoop" you get from other threads is from people who have no clue and made assumptions that are just simply wrong.

I am the one that supplied the picture of the 301 model with the case off to prove it was not the same as the LN-5014N. The pictures do proove that simply by the layout and the fact that the LN-5014N specifically says Swallow on the PCB. The Bantam PCB says Bantam.

Bantam makes a very nice line of chargers and it is a simply a shame that people jump in these threads with malice. For this very reason, many manufactures and distributors stay off these forums and the few that are only answer privately. Because of this the person asking the questions gets bogus information from people who just don't know. Much of the information is not first hand, just read somewhere else or "I heard".

Phil, if you have any other questions, I would be more than happy to answer them for you, just off line.

It is only fair to the person asking the question that the answer be accurate. Good, bad, or indifferent.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:34 PM
Panzlflyer

Im still playing with my 902 and I had the Swallow, the 902 obviously has a lot more features than the Swallow (which is a basic charger)
It seems to have quite a few options and is pretty easy to use with 4 faceplate buttons.
So far I have only used it to charge a 7.2 nicad Car stick pack and a GP 1100 reciever pack, both did very well and it certainly charges the stick pack and 1100 well at default settings.
Discharge seems straight forward, select the minimum voltage and go.
Will charge a few lipos and lions when I get time as I prefer to be there whith a new charger!!just in case.
I will try and select a wrong cell count and let you know.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:08 PM
Panzlflyer

Heres what I found on a 3s Lipo pack,
If you go to charge you have to select a voltage, the charger then checks and detects a cell count and shows you a screen that allows you to compare what you input and what it detects, you then confirm this or go back and change your settings.
If you ignore its detected setting, as I did, and jack it up to a 4s pack then it stops and beeps reading overvoltage.
You have to have the 2 settings match to go forward.
It doesnt seem to care when you are charging Nimh or Nicads.
I will post some pictures at a later date if wanted.
Old 06-17-2006, 01:36 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned

I spent this morning with Evan going over the Bantam Charger Line. I was impressed. The BC 5 has all the features the average modeler will need, covers Ni-Cd, Ni-MH, Pb and Lithium Polymer - AND it balances packs with balancing connectors as well, adapters available for different brands. Looking forward to doing a review on this one.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:25 PM
borneobear

I'm very interested in the BC 5 as well. Waiting for the review with anticipation.
Old 08-05-2006, 02:31 PM
VERTICAL Hobby

We import these Bantam chargers to Finland and ship them to EU. We have the full range of their chargers, measurement devices and accessories. We just got shipment from Bantam in July with the most recent software and charger updates.

Personally I am very impressed with the chargers. They have been making chargers since 2002 and have made chargers for other brands earlier. Now they have expanded their production line with the E-station chargers under their own brand.

Looking forward to see some reviews on these.

Bantam list of E-station chargers and features can be read at our webpages:
[link=http://www.verticalhobby.com/kauppa/index.php?language=en]www.verticalhobby.com[/link]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.