Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

New to electric, need help with IB4200 and Intellipeak

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

New to electric, need help with IB4200 and Intellipeak

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 06:39 PM
TwistedTurbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to electric, need help with IB4200 and Intellipeak

Alright I have two 6 packs of IB4200 batteries for my Electric TC4. I have searched for a few hours and have found so many different answers, I don't know what to do.
Basically I have the two batteries I mentioned, and an IntelliPeak pulse charger(not the digital one). What I need to know is what to do to get the most out of these two batteries? I read about form charging, but also read that you should cycle them on fast charge.

So what setting should the charger be set at to get these batteries up and running for my car, and also what kind of cycling/charging times am I looking at? All I do is bashing in regular black top parking lots with this car, so Im not going for racing or anything, but like high speeds and long run times. Thanks in advance for ANY help.
Old 09-16-2006, 10:26 PM
zephar123

Default RE: New to electric, need help with IB4200 and Intellipeak

ok a little confused on what you want to know. are you wondering what to initially charge the batteries at the answer woudl be 420 MAH.

Are you asking how to recharge the batteries iw ould recommend 4200 mah hope that helps. FIrst charge shoudl be at 420 though.
Old 09-17-2006, 07:42 AM
TwistedTurbo

Yeah basically just needed to know what to charge them at first. Also is there a better/different charger I should be using with these batteries or is the one I have good enough? Price isnt a huge factor
Old 09-17-2006, 11:19 AM
zephar123

if price is not a factor I woudl buy the ice charger. made by duratrax.

Your initial charge is a forming charge and you want to charge em at 1/10 there power so if batteries are 4200 MAH you would want to charge them up at 420 this will take raougly 16 hours to do per battery. If you use the ICE charger it has a nce way to discharge and I would then discharge that pack at like 1 amp and then I would form charge it one more time. once that all done charge it at 4200 MAH and you will nto want to charge an mah much more the 1 to 1 ratio. Which will give you your one hour charge.

http://www.duratrax.com/caraccys/dtxp4170.html

Oh and tbw intelipeak not a bad charger at all. Infact I own one of those and a digital one. WHen I got alot of batteries to charge i use both chargers to double my time without hurting my batteries by charging them to quick =).

for form charging the ice woudl be alot better, but its doable on the intelipeak if its one im thinking of it ewill alow you to charge at 420 mah or close enoguh to that.
Old 09-17-2006, 06:32 PM
TwistedTurbo

Ok thanks, lnext question, my charger has settings on the dial like .5, 1,2,3,4 and so on, that would be in amps, im not great with math and all that, so what would I be setting it to in order to charge at 420mah? Im thinking .5 but not sure lol.
Also can I use the quick charge fuction to charge them up after they are formed?
Old 09-17-2006, 08:29 PM
zephar123

ORIGINAL: TwistedTurbo

Ok thanks, lnext question, my charger has settings on the dial like .5, 1,2,3,4 and so on, that would be in amps, im not great with math and all that, so what would I be setting it to in order to charge at 420mah? Im thinking .5 but not sure lol.
Also can I use the quick charge fuction to charge them up after they are formed?
set diall to .5 thats close enough .5 amps = 500 MAH

once there formed yeah you can quick charge em at 4200 MAH.

Ideally your best off to charge them low 2 or 3 times after that quick charge em. the first charge is the abo****e most critical though.