Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Charger output cable?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 11:55 AM
Flasharino

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charger output cable?

I am new to the hobby and just bought a new helicopter and accessories via mail order. I got a Ripmax Pro-Peak Prodigy II charger but there is no output cable with it, just the female output jacks on the unit. The other items with the charger were the big alligator clips, obviously for using a car battery as input and an extra pair of male 'plugs' that fit the jack. My batteries are Apex Mk. III LI/PO 15C 2100msh 3S1P 11.1V. The batteries come with a little cap that seem so fit over the female 2 hole jack connected to the battery and another extra pair of the male plugs. Do I need another cable to be able to charge my battery? Can someone please give me a link where I can get one? Also do most people use these for charging batteries at home with a 12V DC 7 amp power supply? I imagine those aren't cheap. The DC charger that came with my radio (JR XP7202) also has a connector that looks like it will fit the other connector to the batteries but with all I have read about the fragility of LI/PO batteries I am reluctant to use it. Please educate this newbie. Thanks.