Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

mAH difference for radio?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 03:36 PM
pywackit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mAH difference for radio?

Hey Guys, I have a JR Radio that has a 9.6v,600mAH 8cell battery in it and I got another battery free from a friend but and it's a 9.6v 1500mAH 8cell. I don't know what mAH is and would it hurt my JR to use the 1500mAH battery in it? I figured it could come in handy if the other goes bad. Would my JR charger work fine for charging it too? The charger is the standard black box type you just plug into the wall socket.
Old 10-02-2006, 04:02 PM
pilotpete2

Default RE: mAH difference for radio?

If the pack fits physicaly you can use it, the Mah rating is the capacity, the 1500Mah will run about 2.5 times as long as the 600Mah pack, now the system charger will take at least 3 days to give it a full charge, maybe longer, since the system charger is around 60 Ma and the new pack should properly be charged at 150Ma rate for 14 to 16 hours.
Good luck,
Pete
Old 10-02-2006, 04:17 PM
pywackit

Thanks Pete! Didn't even know I was getting a better deal....I guess I should buy a better charger now. Got any idea what type or whatever one I might need?
Old 10-02-2006, 04:30 PM
pilotpete2

Well the Accucycle Elite is popular, but pricey, the Multiplex LN-5014 is also very good for less bucks, does Nicad, Nimh, Lipo and lead/acid batteries.
Pete