Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Duralite Chargers keep burning out ....

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Duralite Chargers keep burning out ....

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 01:25 PM
wojtek
My Feedback: (73)

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Duralite Chargers keep burning out ....

I have just had the 3rd Duralite charger go bad on me …they have been great about Customer support, and have replaced these every time, but 3 failures seems like a bit much .. or the most part I only charge their 4000mah RX and ECU 7.4 V packs, and always through the charge circuit using their charge chords. What will happen is the battery light does not go off and ends up staying on, even after the battery is disconnected. When the charger is taken off of the 12v power source and the reconnected again, the light on that port will come on again, even with nothing connected. I have also had he charger bet very how while the light is on and not staying off ( seems like the battery is also not charging on the bad port when this happens, and I don’t know if its actually charging or not until I pull the battery off of the charger ..

Any one else having problems with these chargers ?

I’m waiting for Duralite to let me know what now to do about the 3rd charger gone bad ..

Voy
Old 10-30-2006, 01:41 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts
Default RE: Duralite Chargers keep burning out ....

I had a single port charger for a year, sold it to my friend whos been using it since and I have a 4 port charger that I've been using for a year and a half more and no problems with charging or chargers ever.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:56 PM
Robby
My Feedback: (18)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Duralite Chargers keep burning out ....

Duralite used to use an 18V Technics power supply/adapter... This seems to have been a
problem in cooking chargers and batteries... They are now suppling a 13.5V Technics
power supply/adapter which is suppose to be less strain on everything..
Might want to ask them next time you talk to them and see if that could be what
you are experiencing... When I use the 13.5V power supply my batteries seem to
get a fuller charge plus thay have lasted six months,, this time...