Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

QUESTION: tx charging time

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2003, 05:23 PM
bootlegr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default QUESTION: tx charging time

In theory, If I go flying with my Prism 7x and a 600 mah tx battery, and I fly 6 flights of 5 minute duration for a total of 30 minutes actual transmitter usage.
The HITEC manual states : tx usage @9.6V at 200ma.
My question is this: how long should I charge the battery with the wall wart (10.8Vdc at 55ma )before I go to trickle charge without overcharging the tx batteryto bring it back to optimum condition?????
thanks
bootlegr
Old 01-20-2003, 05:40 PM
mulligan

Default QUESTION: tx charging time

1. You should be able to get about two hours of "on" time with your transmitter and a 600 mAh battery before dipping below the 9.6V "safe" threshold.

2. A 55 mA charger is a slow charge rate (C/10), so you can charge indefinitely without damaging your battery. It would take about 15 hours to charge your fully discharged battery at this charge rate. After a brief rest following a full charge, your battery should read about 11.3 - 11.4 V.

- George

P.S. I used to live in Williston, not too far from horse country.
Old 01-20-2003, 06:14 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Default Re: QUESTION: tx charging time

Originally posted by bootlegr
In theory, If I go flying with my Prism 7x and a 600 mah tx battery, and I fly 6 flights of 5 minute duration for a total of 30 minutes actual transmitter usage.
The HITEC manual states : tx usage @9.6V at 200ma.
My question is this: how long should I charge the battery with the wall wart (10.8Vdc at 55ma )before I go to trickle charge without overcharging the tx batteryto bring it back to optimum condition?????
thanks
bootlegr
If you have used the transmitter for 30 minutes and it draws 200 mA then you would have used 30 X 200/60 mAh. in this case 100 mAh. To replace this you need to put back in 120-140%, or 120 to 140 mAh. at a 55 ma charger rate you should charge for 130 minutes to 150 minutes. Longer times will not significantly impact your battery however. Just don't leave it on to cook indefinitely.