Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Can I Charge 12V through Power Panel

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Can I Charge 12V through Power Panel

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 12:12 PM
carsondoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I Charge 12V through Power Panel

I have a Hobbico Deluxe Power Panel II on my field box that is powered by a Hobbico 12V 7A Torqmaster battery. The battery is in a vented, but closed, compartment that I can only access by unscrewing a wood panel. I have a 110V AC Wall trickle charger that charges at 600mA rate that came with the 12V battery.

My question is: Can I plug the wall charger into the power panel to charge the 12V battery rather than disassembling the field box every time I need to charge the 12V battery? The power panel has a small notation next to the 12V starter jacks that says "Charge Field Battery". Can I just replace the alligator clips that came on the wall charger with banana plugs and plug them in there to charge the 12V?

Thanks for your help.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:24 PM
Dr1Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Can I Charge 12V through Power Panel

Yes you can. Charge the battery through the jacks that say "Charge field battery."

BTW, 600mA into a 7A battery is NOT a trickle charge. That is a 14-16 hour overnight charge, and the recommended rate for this battery.

Dr.1