Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

NIMH mah Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 09:44 PM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NIMH mah Help

I have made my own 8 cell aaa battery charging tray from two 4 cell aaa battery holders from Radio Shack. I just soldered the negative wire from one tray to the positive from the other tray. I will use the remainding neg and pos wires to connect to my Duratrax Ice charger. The problem is the batteries don't show how many mah's they are. Can anyone tell me what I should set the mah on my Charger at to charge them fully and safely. I will probably charge them at .5 amps.
The reason I am doing this is the aaa charger I have sucks, it does't do a good job and it takes too long.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:39 AM
Infinite Gundam

Default RE: NIMH mah Help

I have never charged AAA cells with my ICE, only AAs. The highest AAA capacity I have come across is 900 or 1000, so for a start set the cell capacity to 1000mAh. I would first individually discharge them to 0.9V, then charge them together at 0.1A with 5mV sensitivity. From there you can roughly tell their capacity, though a few more cycles will give better estimates.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:57 AM
richrd

Yes as said. Guess low BUT! they miss delta peak until you fiqure them out. I always watch the first time in graph mode if you are close to 1C then you will see the peak if not stop when pack gets warm, remember packs only get hot after peak.
Rich
Old 11-13-2006, 09:14 AM
xeliman

the AAA capacity reaches 2600mah,whatever
Old 11-13-2006, 09:23 AM
Infinite Gundam

I believe that is AA capacity, the current highest being 2700 I think.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:49 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Yes, 1000 is about max for AAA.

The capacity setting along with the max capacity % is only used as a safety shut off. The batts will still turn off because of voltage drop.

use 0 or 3 mv and .5 or less amps and set capacity to the 1000 or more. One time and you'll know the capacity. If they are old nicads then use 5-6 mv.