Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Which balancer and how?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 07:48 PM
arffy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which balancer and how?

I'd like to be nice to my batteries and buy them a balancer.I have two thunder power 2100 mah lipos.I also have a few smaller lipo batts with different balancing plugs.Is there a balancer that has different plug attachments so I can use them on all my batteries?Do you balance while there charging or before or after?How often are you supposed to balance them?Thanks
Old 12-15-2006, 07:51 PM
arffy

Default RE: Which balancer and how?

Me again .I have a ice charger if that information is needed.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:37 PM
rcfury
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Which balancer and how?

First off balancing is not all that important. Its just over time they will become unbalanced after a lot of cycles. There are a lot of differant types of battery balancers. Since you you got thunder power batteries you can use [link=http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=THP205]THIS[/link]. If you are not using their charger just plug the battery inn and it will automatically start balancing your cells by discharging the higher voltage cells. Theres other products like hobbicos Equinox that plugs in between your battery and the charger. This will charge the battery's while the balancer will discharge the higher voltage cells. But currently the adapter for thunder power batteries are not available. how ever there is a number of people that have made their own for the thunder powers. Most hobbyshops carries the equinox and the thunder power balancer. I myself use the thunder power balancer and just balance the cells like once every two weeks.