Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

electronic circuit question

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 11:29 AM
jongscx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electronic circuit question

hokay, kinda modding, mostly electronic engineering question...

I need a switch that works like a "press and hold" button, so that a quick taps won't activate it, but only a prolonged "press"... now, the press has to either be able to be activated by a light source (blinky = no activate, but long beam= activate) and it also has to latch, so that when the long beam turns off, it'll stay activated.

if you don't know how to do it, can you point me in the right direction?

basically, what's going on is that I have a Lipoly charger that blinks when it's charging, but shows a steady light when it's fully charged... I have to charge 3 batts, and want to do it while i'm asleep/not paying attention to them (i know it's a bad idea... that's what the steel ammo case is for). they're connected to relays, but i need it to sense that the charger is done, so that when it's a steady light, it'll switch to the next relay.... and so on and so forth.

I have good to decent soldering skills, but the circuit logic isn't really there yet.

thanks
Old 04-25-2007, 02:46 PM
richrd

Default RE: electronic circuit question

Sooo way toooo much time on your hands ???
First do you know one shots 74121 or any digital... how about old relay ladder logic if this sounds greek then lets stop
Rich
Old 04-25-2007, 02:57 PM
LSF2298
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: electronic circuit question

Take a look here.
http://www.uoguelph.ca/~antoon/gadgets/gadgets.htm

Many more links at the bottom of the page so it should keep you busy for a while.