Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Duralites, vs. Powerflite batteries??

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Duralites, vs. Powerflite batteries??

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2002, 03:13 AM
JPrc
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Powerflite Price

Try www.rcpowerflite.com. If you try to call them you will get their answering service and they have to call you back. Kind of a pain but the answering service will send you a catalogue with all the info and prices you need. Also Don's hobby shop is carrying the Powerflite products. try www.donshobbyshop.com.
Old 03-27-2002, 03:38 AM
Traxxas_Tech

Default Duralites, vs. Powerflite batteries??

http://www.bktsi.com/powerflite/faqs.htm

FAQ section, very good info thats useful here!
Old 03-27-2002, 05:42 AM
can773
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Coulter_Dean
Yes, What nicads are you running, Your scale must be off, I've never seen nicads that light, 600 mah maybe, but NOT 6 volt packs! I beg to differ with your theory...
Never said I run 6V I use 4.8, 6V and my servos are too quick, I dont like them much faster than what they are on 4.8V. When I used Duralite I knocked them back to 5.1V. I use 1000 mah 4 cell and it weights in at 3.5 oz, and I get 7 flights on that pack before it is in need of recharge so I could probably get away with less since I only put in 4 flights on it anyways.

I learned an expensive lesson with the Duralites and I looked very hard at what I needed, I came to the conclusion that with Nicads, my pattern ships are weighing in at 9.6 lbs, my new Evolis's should be more like 9.25 lbs so am I really concerned about weight..... not really since I will have DZ's on them also I ran regulated 6V so lower voltage is of no concern, you cant tell the difference between 5.3V and 4.9V during flight, I get lots of flight time and they are cheap. As I said before it is going to take a long time and a lot of proof before I start shelling out that kind of $$$ again.
Old 03-27-2002, 03:30 PM
Traxxas_Tech

Ok, I see. You are refering to their normal Li-I packs. I was refering to their Powerbar packs, which are(I think) 2.3oz. Anyway, I need lots of power for My ultimate with 8 servos, (3 digitals), and a smoke system, I'll go with Powerflights for that.
Old 04-03-2002, 02:26 AM
beedriver

I've been using the Powerflite's for about a year and love 'em. I have two 2400's for my receivers and a 1200 on ignition. I can fly all weekend and not have to recharge each nite. The plane has 10 digitals in it. Very nice for trips. Expensive? yes. But worth every penny to me.
Old 04-06-2002, 04:13 PM
JPrc

GBR2, I hope this helps .