Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 11:46 AM
jlander

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Batteries

I have a 10 year old Futaba T6XA that has never been used. I am not confident in the old NiCd batteries so I purchased new ones from tower hobbies. Wanting to improve, I purchased the Sanyo HCAM6363 9.6V 1650mAh NiMH. It has 3 wires coming out of it (red, white, and black with the J connector that would fit in my receiver.

My radio's battery has only 2 wires (black, red). Does anyone know if I can cut and solder the old connector to this battery and if it will work fine with only 2 wires. I don't see why it can't be done, but I need to know what wires to use.

What is the function of the 3 wires on a battery anyway? I thought that they had a + and - side only...
Old 11-08-2007, 12:21 PM
MR G

Default RE: Batteries

The third wire (signal is not used...Just cut it.

MR G
Old 11-08-2007, 12:34 PM
Dr1Driver

They're saving money by using one type of connector for batteries and servos both. The white wire is the signal wire for a servo connection. Simply cut it off.

Dr.1
Old 11-08-2007, 01:14 PM
Campgems

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Or just leave it, there is only two plug pins in the TX anyway.

Don
Old 11-08-2007, 03:39 PM
jlander

Thanks. I took a better look after I posted and it looks like the black and red wires will plug to the existing plug with the white offset to one side.