Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

FMA Announcing Cellpro 10s Charger

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

FMA Announcing Cellpro 10s Charger

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 08:40 AM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FMA Announcing Cellpro 10s Charger

Get ready for the most powerful, full-featured charger from FMA yet.
Once again, FMA redefines the capabilities of cutting edge charging technology.
They are putting the final touches on their new 10s charger design, and look to go into full production and
delivery of this powerful charger by mid-January time frame.

Look for these features and more when the Cellpro 10s Charger comes to market
Includes all the features of the popular Cellpro 4s Charger plus:

Up to 10A Max Charge Current

Continuous Power 300W (estimate)

Charges 1 Pack of 1s-10s or 2 Packs of 1s-5s Simultaneously

Includes Start/Stop Button

Backlit Liquid Crystal Display

Supports 2-way P.C. Interface

Displays Individual Cell Internal Resistance to 0.1 mohm Accuracy (Battery Quality Indicator)

Drive the Charger from the P.C.

Access Advanced Features from the P.C. (Setup Custom Presets, Adjust Speaker Volume, LCD Contrast, and More)

Integrated Upgradability (IU) Feature -- No need to send the charger to the factory for firmware upgrades again. Do it over the internet.

Old 11-21-2007, 02:24 AM
RC David

Default RE: FMA Announcing Cellpro 10s Charger

Red,

That's great news as I'm a new Li-Po user and will be in the market for a high quality 2-6 cell Li-Po charger very soon. This might be the ticket for my needs.

I didn't see it on the FMA website though.

Do you know if it will be a "balancing" charger or will you need a seperate balancer?

Dave D.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:16 AM
Red Scholefield
Banned

It will be essentially the same as the present CellPro, which balances the cells by charging individually rather than discharging them all to the same level. It will just handle more cells and enable you to charge two 5S or less packs simultaneously.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:43 AM
Khatsalano

That is exactly what I've been looking for. I love the CellPro 4S I have right now but wanted a 10A high-capacity charger for larger packs so I don't have to wait as long. This is perfect. Am looking forward to its release.

- K
Old 11-22-2007, 12:52 AM
RC David

Thanks Red.

ANY idea of approximate/estimated cost?

Dave D.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:45 AM
Red Scholefield
Banned

SWAG - I would say in the US$ 150 range, but this is only a guess.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:40 PM
RC David

Thanks Red.

I'll be anxiously awaiting that charger.

Dave D.
Old 11-23-2007, 01:12 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

Red do you know if you will be able to charge 2 different chemistries at the same time. Example one A123 pack one one side and a Lipo on the other ?
Old 11-23-2007, 02:13 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned

ORIGINAL: Josey Wales

Red do you know if you will be able to charge 2 different chemistries at the same time. Example one A123 pack one one side and a Lipo on the other ?
I doubt if you can mix chemistries if it programs the same as the CellPro 4S.
Old 12-19-2007, 06:09 PM
Josey Wales

Red--Can you charge 2 packs at the same time at 10A ?
Old 12-19-2007, 07:31 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned

Yes, 5 cell packs, max.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:57 PM
Josey Wales

Excellent! Thanks
Old 12-28-2007, 11:01 PM
Khatsalano

Pre Order is now available according to their website...

http://www.fmadirect.com/detail.htm?...247&section=45

... but ... apparently it looks less cool than previously advertised. Bummer.

- K
Old 02-22-2008, 10:20 PM
zayzay1

Has anybody received a shipping confirmation yet
Old 02-23-2008, 08:56 AM
Red Scholefield
Banned

The CellPro 10S has been under extensive testing by a number of beta testers (including the Battery Clinic) over the past 3 months to assure all the bugs were worked out. Yesterday we confirmed the last firmware revision that addressed an issue with charging 2 A123 packs. It appears now that all systems are go for a great charger that has passed critical testing by actual modelers. You will find its single button programming as easy as the very sucessful CellPro 4S. A great feature is that any time the unit is connected to your computer by way of the USB cable it will be checked for the latest firmware revision which can be downloaded directly to the unit if you chose to do so. Operation with the computer gives real time graphing of the charge process that can be saved for future reference. Normal operation however does not require that it be connected to your computer as all of the charge parameters can be changed as required directly from the one button programming feature. The entire charge process is displayed simply by pushing a single button which steps through the various displays. A CellPro 4S on steroids. The bar on Lithium charging technology has been raised another notch.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:44 AM
Josey Wales

ORIGINAL: Red Scholefield

The CellPro 10S has been under extensive testing by a number of beta testers (including the Battery Clinic) over the past 3 months to assure all the bugs were worked out. Yesterday we confirmed the last firmware revision that addressed an issue with charging 2 A123 packs.
Red--can you elaborate on this ? Common ground capable ?
Old 02-23-2008, 11:09 AM
Red Scholefield
Banned

ORIGINAL: Josey Wales

The CellPro 10S has been under extensive testing by a number of beta testers (including the Battery Clinic) over the past 3 months to assure all the bugs were worked out. Yesterday we confirmed the last firmware revision that addressed an issue with charging 2 A123 packs.
Red--can you elaborate on this ? Common ground capable ?
Don't know, I'll check with the designer. But I rather doubt it.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:34 PM
zayzay1

so again does anyone know if this has shipped yet
Old 02-25-2008, 12:31 AM
MrMulligan
My Feedback: (314)

Supposed to be this week.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:55 AM
zayzay1

I already pre-ordered the cellpro because of the low price but what makes this different or better than the Hyperion 0610i DUO.

Isn't 360 watts better than 300
Old 02-25-2008, 11:34 PM
bbagle1

What makes it better for me is it supports 2c and 3c charge rates and does it by active balancing, with a built in balancer, rather than discharge balancer. The price is also better, for the price of the hyperion, you could get argueably the best charger, TP1010 with 210 balancer
Old 02-26-2008, 07:37 AM
Josey Wales

I like the fact that it can do 2 packs at once, however Im waiting on Fromeco to see how their new charger compares to the 10S. Rumor has it it can charge multiple packs connected to the same rx.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:24 AM
styrenejunkie
My Feedback: (3)

The CellPro 10S has been under extensive testing by a number of beta testers (including the Battery Clinic) over the past 3 months to assure all the bugs were worked out. Yesterday we confirmed the last firmware revision that addressed an issue with charging 2 A123 packs. It appears now that all systems are go for a great charger that has passed critical testing by actual modelers. You will find its single button programming as easy as the very sucessful CellPro 4S. A great feature is that any time the unit is connected to your computer by way of the USB cable it will be checked for the latest firmware revision which can be downloaded directly to the unit if you chose to do so. Operation with the computer gives real time graphing of the charge process that can be saved for future reference. Normal operation however does not require that it be connected to your computer as all of the charge parameters can be changed as required directly from the one button programming feature. The entire charge process is displayed simply by pushing a single button which steps through the various displays. A CellPro 4S on steroids. The bar on Lithium charging technology has been raised another notch.
Red,

Thanks for the summary...is there anyone who is planning on doing an in-depth review of the charger? I've seen some charger reviews in the past that have lots of pictures and show several batteries in the process of being charged/discharged. Should we just assume that is it as good as a 4S, just with more capabilities (therefore not needing any additional review)?.

Thanks for all the time you invest in this part of the hobby!
Old 02-26-2008, 01:00 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned

Since the operation and capabilities of the CellPro 10S are pretty well defined in their specifications and operating manual available on their web site the only review I can give is that it does what they say it does.

FMA CELLPRO 10S RAISES THE BAR
After nearly 3 months of beta testing by experienced modelers the FMA CellPro 10S is released for production. Following the success of the CellPro 4S with both LiPo and A123 capability, the 10S employs the same simple to operate philosophy, of one button programming.

Testing here at the Battery Clinic went through a half dozen firmware updates as improvements and suggestions came in to FMA from the beta test team. One of the features of the 10S is that the user will be notified of any updates to the firmware as soon as he connects to his computer with the USB cable (FUIM2) that may be ordered as an option for the 10S. These updates will be loaded into his 10S. FMA downloadable software allows the user to plot the charge curves, check individual cell internal resistance (a good indication of battery health), and save this data to compare at a future date. It also allows the visual and audio features of the charger to be changed as well as the input current limit for the 12 volt supply being used.

Use in the shop or field however does not require a computer connection as all of the displays may be scrolled through to monitor the real time charge status, mAh input, balance condition, balance current, over all current, input voltage & current, the fuel level, etc. While operation of the 10S mirrors very closely the 4S with its one button operation there is a comprehensive operators manual and another 3 pages of pin lead connection diagrams covering 2 through 10 cell packs accommodated by the 10S. Adapters come with the 10S to match up with your present CellPro 2-4 cell packs or any FMA brand adapters you may have for other brands of LiPos.

While it is impossible to design a charger that will meet everyone’s perceived needs, FMA has raised the bar with the 10S to meet the needs of modelers for a long time in the future.

Details and specifications as well as the operating manual are available at http://www.fmadirect.com/

Old 02-26-2008, 04:09 PM
bbagle1

I just read on RCgroups that a very limited number of chargers has shipped today but they have run out of cases to fill the rest of their orders. There was no info about when they ecpect to ship the rest of the chargers. I am getting close to being aggravated even though I know they are doing their best in getting the chargers shipped. I just wish they would communicate with their buyers a little bit better. I do not like having to hunt all over the internet just to find out when I will see a return on my 200$.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.