Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

two 11.1v batteries on a 6 cell charger?

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

two 11.1v batteries on a 6 cell charger?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 03:45 PM
ThreePhase

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default two 11.1v batteries on a 6 cell charger?

I am looking for a charger/balancer that can handle two 3 cell li-po batteries at one time for field use. Would it be possible to do that on a 6 cell charger if you linked the two batteries together in series and hooked it up to the 6 cell port? I'm thinking about this charger, E-STATION BC6 Balance Charger 1-6 Lipo Cells
URL http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...oducts_id=3030
I'm new to this li-po r/c stuff so any input would be very helpful.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:22 PM
k8svrick

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: two 11.1v batteries on a 6 cell charger?

I have a Hobbico Accu-Cycle elite. It can charge up to 3 cell lipo packs. It has 2 charge ports, but when you use both ports to charge simultaneously, the total charge current is limited to 4 amps maximum.

So yes, there is gear that can do the task, but with lowered charge current on each port, it takes longer to recharge those 2 packs. I just used mine for this taks for the first time and it took 90 minutes to get the twp packs recharged.

The packs are identical; 3S, 2070 mah.

I hope this helps.
Old 01-11-2008, 01:50 PM
ThreePhase

Thanks k8svrick, that does help. Basically it sounds like you can charge two packs at the same time, but takes around the same time as charging them seperatly, unless you have alot of amps. I'll check it out on mine when it gets here.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:15 PM
S.A.D.

The electra-fly 4 poly charger can charge up to 4 batteries at a time at 3 amps each