Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Elite 4800 LiPo

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 10:57 PM
Jeckler
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Elite 4800 LiPo

Has anyone else tried this pack? I picked one up from CBP last week. It is my first foray into the world of lithium. I have nothing really to compare it to, except my cheap, 5 year old RC2400 Nicd packs. Is there a difference? Hell yea, there's a difference! I received the pack 3 days before my charger, and the temptation was huge just to throw it on my Intellipeak so I could try it out, but I ended up waiting. My 0606i showed up Saturday afternoon, and once I got some powerpoles on it and the pack, I was off.
I threw it in my Losi XX equipped with a Tekin G-12 III ESC and 27t stock motor. Compared to my 6 cell Nicd's, this thing was a completely different machine. I knew my packs were old, but wow. No more nickel packs for me. After 5 minutes or so I brought it in. The pack was just as cold as when I started, the ESC and motor were only as warm as they usually get. I was done for the day as I hadn't installed my cutoff yet.
The next afternoon I installed a Novak 2-cell cutoff on the ESC leads. After I was done and admiring my work, it occured to me that I could've saved some money had I put the cutoff on the pack itself, rather than my original plan of buying one for each car I own. Oops.
Pro's - Only about 2mm longer than a Nicd/Nimh pack
Con's - Balance and discharge leads exit out the side of the pack, rather than on the very end.
Kinda con, mostly pro - weight. Lighter than a Nicd pack, heavier than other Lipo's at 10.5oz fully dressed, compared to 13.4 for my 2400's.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:32 PM
rufus2000

Default RE: Elite 4800 LiPo

was checking for them at cheapbatterypacks.com but they're out of stock.
Regarding your experience and the wow factor... yes, that's what you get the first time you try lipo, specially after running old nimh cells.
Is there a hard casing on these cells? like on the team orion carbon edition...

It does have a very attractive pricing and capacity, I too wonder how will it compare to the other alternatives
Old 08-10-2008, 10:12 PM
chadr

Default RE: Elite 4800 LiPo

Any opinions on these packs? $65 for a 2s pack is about $35 less than maxamps.