Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

V-Balance Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 05:25 PM
ericrcpilot
My Feedback: (145)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V-Balance Question

Hello. I just purchased a V-Balance, and I am trying to balance a year old Thunder Power battery that I have. When I plug in the balance plug, I get green, yellow, then green on the cell bar. Is the middle cell to far out of whack to balance? I can get a full charge in the pack when I just charge it from the charger. When I try to charge it through the V-Balance, it won't let me charge it. Is there anything I can do to get this pack back into balance if that is what the lights are telling me?
Old 03-10-2008, 11:40 AM
DuraliteTech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: V-Balance Question

Hi Eric,

The cell indicators are identified by different colors such as you have noticed. The sequence is green for the first cell, yellow for the second cell, green for the third cell, yellow for the fouth cell, green for the fifth cell and yellow for the sxith cell. This make is a little easier to monitor the cell checker during the start up and balancing process.

To commence balance-charging the V-Balancer must be switched into the Link Mode. To do this first make sure the V-Balancer is turned on by pressing the reset/mode button. The V-Balancer should go through the process of checking each cell and in your case for a 3s pack you would get a green, yellow and green LED. When this is done press and hold the reset/mode button for three seconds until the orange chevron Link LED's light up. Some chargers will automatically start at this point while other may require that you manually start the charge cycle.

For further instructions on the V-Balancer you can follow the link below.

http://duralitebatteries.com/flight/...structions.pdf