Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

cellpro 4s safety code?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 11:31 AM
scooby-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cellpro 4s safety code?

i just purchased a cellpro 4s and as soon as i hook it up( with or without a lipo hooked to it) it just says safety code16, even when i push the mode button it will just make a ringing noise and still say safety code16. i can't contact support till tomorrw, so i was wondering if anybody on here has had any issues with their cellpro and how they fixed it?
Old 04-20-2008, 11:56 AM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: cellpro 4s safety code?

Code 16 is firmware corruption. Unit will have to be returned to factory. Note the error codes in your instruction manual.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:01 PM
scooby-RCU

yea, i saw that and asked ka-planes.com if i could return it and they said i needed to call the support number to see if they could walk me through a fix. so i was wondering if i will be wasting my time with a phone call tomorrow. or if maybe somebody knows if their is a fix. i figured ka-planes would have agreed to an exchange considering all the money i've given them. considering out of the box it was messed up
Old 04-21-2008, 08:03 AM
Capt Lou

Scooby:

I had the same problem. I bought a new Cellpro 4s last week to use with new A123 battery packs. Out of the box it did not work. The factory default on the charger is for A123 battery packs but I couldn't get the charger to work. I kept on getting an error Code 28. Tested the connectors and they were fine. I tested the battery packs on a friend's Cellpro and they charged up. I called FMA (the manufacturer) technical support and they tested everything on the phone with me and ageed there was a problem with the charger. They instructed me to return it to them directly with proof of purchase and they will send me a new charger. I did this two days ago and I'm awaiting the new charger. The technician I spoke is named Howard. He was very friendly and cooperative. I would call them first as this will expedite the correction of your issue.
Old 04-26-2008, 01:25 PM
skyboy500

Capt,

Did you get the replacement? Thinking about buying Cellpro 4s?
Old 04-27-2008, 08:10 AM
Capt Lou

Skyboy:

I have not yet received the replacement charger. It has only been one week since I mailed it to the manufacturer. I intend to call them Monday to check the status.