Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

A123 DURALITE PLUS with Stay Balance Circuitry Low Down -TP610C Charger compatibility-

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

A123 DURALITE PLUS with Stay Balance Circuitry Low Down -TP610C Charger compatibility-

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 05:59 AM
azvmax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A123 DURALITE PLUS with Stay Balance Circuitry Low Down -TP610C Charger compatibility-

I have a TP610C

[[ Standard Wiring - standard RX power output lead 12" 22Ga wire w/JR connector
High Current Wiring - For Latest Digital Servos - High Current power output lead 12" 16ga wire & female deans connector
#6232HC: 2300 mah - RX 2 cell
6.6volt - 2s1p For Latest Digital Servos - High Current power output lead 12" 16ga wire & female deans connector ]]

Can the A123 Receiver Battery Packs #6232HC
be charged at greater than 1Amp?

On the site it states 2 things:
• Fast charge capable - 100% in 15 minutes(4c) through the power leads with an A123 capable charger
Then:
• Or charge with an A123 capable charger like an Orbit Pocketlader through the charge lead at no more than one amp

Does these pack balance themselves so you can charge through the High power leads so you can charge at higher than 1 Amp?

• No external balancing required - Exclusive Duralite Stay Balance Circuitry built-in to every pack
• Charge through the charge lead with a Duralite Plus charger. Duralite circuit terminates the charge cycle at 7.2 volts when using a Duralite Plus Charger.

The charge plug built into these packs can only be used by Orbit Pocketlader ?

Last quetion for now. I was told that A123 can not be test with a load tester.
Is this true? They will not show the availible current based on the voltage under load.
So you have to cycle them several times to see how much current goes in and how much a flight uses in order to know how many flight you can get?
Do they hold there voltage then drop off very fast?

Or can ya give me the whole low down on Your A123'S

Thanx
Bob
Old 06-04-2008, 12:47 PM
DuraliteTech

Default RE: A123 DURALITE PLUS with Stay Balance Circuitry Low Down -TP610C Charger compatibility-

Hi Bob,

Can the A123 Receiver Battery Packs #6232HC
be charged at greater than 1Amp?
On the site it states 2 things:
• Fast charge capable - 100% in 15 minutes(4c) through the power leads with an A123 capable charger
Then:
• Or charge with an A123 capable charger like an Orbit Pocketlader through the charge lead at no more than one amp

Does these pack balance themselves so you can charge through the High power leads so you can charge at higher than 1 Amp?

Answer: You can fast charge the Duralite A123's through Deans conncetor with an A123 compatible charger. If you charge through our yellow charge on the battery pack then the maximum charge rate is no more than 1 amp as you are charging directly through the balance circuit. Either way the balance circuit works if you are fast charging through the Deans or slow charging through the yellow lead. When Charging through the yellow charge lead the circuit terminates the charge at 7.2 volts.

The charge plug built into these packs can only be used by Orbit Pocketlader ?

Answer: If you don't have the latest version of the Pocketlader you can set it to polymer (2 cell) and charge the pack through the yellow lead at no more than 1 amp. Once again the circuit with terminate the charge at 7.2 volts.

Last quetion for now. I was told that A123 can not be test with a load tester. Is this true? They will not show the availible current based on the voltage under load.

Answer: Yes you are correct as the A123's have a shallow discharge curve that won't show you a true load reading. As you mention below you simply determine the capcity used by charging them with a charger capable of recording the mAh put back into the pack and divide this by the number of flights. This will provide you with an estimated capacity per flight so that you can determine how many flights you can get before recharging.

So you have to cycle them several times to see how much current goes in and how much a flight uses in order to know how many flight you can get?
Do they hold there voltage then drop off very fast? Answer: From fully charged at 7.2 volts they will drop down fairly quickly to around 6.6 volts and stabilize there during the first flight. After that they will slowly drop down to the recommended stop fly and recharge voltage of around 6.1 volts over the course of subsequent flights.

Please feel free to contact myself or Jack in the office toll free at 1-877-744-3685 if you have any further questions.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:00 PM
azvmax

Default RE: A123 DURALITE PLUS with Stay Balance Circuitry Low Down -TP610C Charger compatibility-

Thank You
I feel alot more comfortable knowing this info.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:07 AM
Samee Ibrahim

Hi Mark!
Can i charge the A123 2s1p #6232HC using my Tahmazo T30 V.1 charger.
Secondly does duralite manufacture a charger recommended for A123 batteries, if not do you recommend one?
Thank you
Samee