Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Help! I completely drained my Nimh

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Help! I completely drained my Nimh

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2003, 02:37 PM
PigMan Buggerus
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! I completely drained my Nimh

I think I really did it this time. I charged up my 6v 700mah Nimh last night before going to bed. I was half asleep when I pulled it off the charger, and I left the charge cord plugged into the battery. What I didn't realize is that I left the banna plugs on the other end touching one another. I went to bed and woke up with a zero charge Nimh. I plugged it into the fast field charger, 1/2 hour later the alarm goes off it's done charging, I check the voltage 1.4 volts. I thiought something must be wrong with my meter, but it checked out fine. I just plugged the battery into the AccuCycler, any chance of me bringing this one back from the dead, or should I get on the horn with Radical RC and get another?

Thanks for your time!
Old 05-29-2003, 03:26 AM
Pilotsmoe

you are lucky that didn't catch anything on fire, did it melt the charge cords? I know one time I accedentatly shorted a nicad pack and the wires glowed! I would try to cycle it, it might be bad though. If any battery discharged like that from a short, it will be damaged. I wouldn't use this in a plane. Not worth losing a plane over a $10 pack.
Old 05-29-2003, 06:37 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ditto, replace your batt
Old 05-29-2003, 11:20 AM
PigMan Buggerus

Yeah, I have another on order. I pulled it out of the plane, and it did get plenty hot, the plastic melted on the individual cells. It is toast as they say. The Cap will fly when the new battery arrives.
Old 05-29-2003, 11:48 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Pigman, hope that your finger has fully healed and back in action.............
Old 05-29-2003, 12:11 PM
PigMan Buggerus

Well besides missing the end of my middle finger, everything is doing pretty well, almost full range of motion