Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Help - 7 Cell Lipo with 2 balancing taps

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Help - 7 Cell Lipo with 2 balancing taps

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 10:18 AM
dslivingston
My Feedback: (46)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help - 7 Cell Lipo with 2 balancing taps

With the purchase of a larger electric, I have obtained a Lipo seven (7) cell 5000mha battery with one Dean's connector and two balancing connectors.

One (1) balancing connecter has one (1) black wire and four (4) red wires.
One (1) balancing connecter has one (1) black wire and three (3) red wires.

I am using a HYPERION EOS0610I DUO charger and I know it will only do six cells on each channel. I also know I could tap the battery and install additional leads to make it a three (3) and (4) combo for charging.

I have been looking at the Shulze chargers for doing larger batteries because I have already order additional eight (8) cell Lipo's.

What is the proper way to handle the battery and why two balancing taps?

Regards,
David
Old 10-31-2008, 02:50 PM
richrd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help - 7 Cell Lipo with 2 balancing taps

You are getting into new territory, with so many taps the battery manufacture is trying to build pack for the average joe. Iam just guessing here but they thought you many plug in two separate balancers. If your charger charges though the balancers I do not think you have a problem just do separate. A charger/ balancer with only one balancer you will have to build your own plugs.
I need to know what voltages you get from each plug to help anymore than this arm chair engiinnneeerning.
Rich