Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Doh cant decide on a charger

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 03:58 PM
JJay03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Doh cant decide on a charger

The specs on the Triton2 EQ are pretty good for being ac/dc. Im sure it will satisfy me I just didnt feel like buying a bunch of separate parts that added up to more money for a charging system that wasnt any better.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:07 PM
systemlord

ORIGINAL: JJay03

The specs on the Triton2 EQ are pretty good for being ac/dc. Im sure it will satisfy me I just didnt feel like buying a bunch of separate parts that added up to more money for a charging system that wasnt any better.
I know exactly how you feel! I purchased a charger for $249.99, then had to spend $179.99 for the AC/DC power converter. Thats $429.98 for a charger I'll have for a long time, I can charge 11 Li-po cells or 30 NiMH cells at the same time!
Old 01-06-2009, 11:45 PM
d.a.v.e

I just found about [link=http://www.maxamps.com/EOS0606i-AC-DC.htm]Hyperion AC/DC[/link] this charger tonight at the race track, only charges up to 6amps but otherwise looks very much like the trition 2eq for $50 less. I think I'm going to see if my local shop can get it for me?

Does anyone have any experence with this? The reviews on the site seem favorable?
Old 01-07-2009, 01:03 AM
JJay03

The triton2 eq is twice the watts tho.
Trakpower PIT PRO 550Li charger Has anyone used this charger? I ordered a triton2 eq but it is back ordered and this charger is in stock. I can get the trakpower charger, balancer and a power supply for about the same price and it is all in stock. I know the trakpower does not do nimh just lipo but im thinking about only using lipos up to 3s.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:42 AM
systemlord

ORIGINAL: JJay03

The triton2 eq is twice the watts tho.
Trakpower PIT PRO 550Li charger Has anyone used this charger? I ordered a triton2 eq but it is back ordered and this charger is in stock. I can get the trakpower charger, balancer and a power supply for about the same price and it is all in stock. I know the trakpower does not do nimh just lipo but im thinking about only using lipos up to 3s.
AMainHobbies has the [link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/products_id/8882]Triton 2[/link] in stock, they have fast shipping also. As far as saying you will never charge or own a Li-po more than 3 cells, down the road you'll want to charge a 4-6 cell Li-po and have to get yet another charger capable of doing this. I thought I would never even think about putting a 3S 11.1V Li-po in my brussless DuraTrax Vendetta, "its better to have it than need it and not have it."
Old 01-07-2009, 07:38 AM
Clay Walters

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000OZR3XI?...0&linkCode=asn
Old 01-07-2009, 11:34 AM
JJay03

Triton2 eq was the one I was looking for.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:57 PM
JJay03

Well went a little different way canceled the triton order. Placed an order for a Hyperion EOS 0610i Net and 2 Protek 2s 4000mah 15c Lipos. Every is in stock except for the balance adapter I ordered. I liked the spec on the Hyperion EOS 0610i alot it is a dc charger tho so im either going to use a car battery jumper for now or convert an atx power supply or somethin.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:11 PM
Clay Walters

Looks like it accepts a wide voltage input range which makes the converted pc powersupply a great option for you!

Old 01-08-2009, 04:27 PM
JJay03

Im pretty happy with my selection now I like all the available adapters for the hyperion also. I ordered this battery
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXUYY4&P=ML
and then got this adapter from max amps so its all plug and play.
http://maxamps.com/proddetail.php?pr...I-GOLD&cat=212
I also ordered the banana plug to male TRX cable to hook into the charger and the female TRX to banana plugs for the battery.
Returning the protek lipos I figured they are not as high of amps as ide like. I know im always changing my mind but I been researching and wanted the good battery.

Ill let everyone know how I like everything this seems like a great combo tho im sure ide recommend it.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:48 PM
d.a.v.e

Well shortly after I ordered the 606i I got the note from Tower saying the Triton 2 EQ is now in stock. Oh well figured I saved $70 over the Triton but gave up 50wats of power and I did get to talk to someone on the phone that actually knew what I was looking for and could help. Got adaptors for both my batts so I can now balance charge both on one charger and did not need to buy a seperate power supply (one less thing to carry around). I may regret it later as I was thinking about getting the duo or the 610i as I would like to eventually race 1/8 scale off road and I see they are using 5cell high capacity batts but I'm not there yet so I think this will do for now. Guess worse case is they take 30-50% longer to charge?

The other good thing is everything I needed was in stock so now I just need to dump this brand new losi charger they sent me as my local store that I bought it from only offered me thier cost vs my cost.

I got that same adaptor, I'm surprised you did not get a batt from maxamps while you were at it?
Old 01-08-2009, 04:50 PM
JJay03

Yeah the hyperion I got is DC had really good specs. Thats funny they says its in stock now it was late Jan I thought they said. Still says late Jan on the webpage. Im glad I went with the hyperion though.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:32 PM
JJay03

Got my charger today its pretty cool so far now just have to get my battery. I hooked it up to my battery jumper and was messing around with the settings and went ahead and made a memory for my trakpower.

It also has the newest firmware v1.9 it shows for a second at startup.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:40 AM
richardshakan

I have various lipo chargers that came with the rtf's i have purchased. Also, I have plenty of nicads & pb's to maintain. I finally decide to eliminate 4 chargers + purchased the Tritan EQ. I Couldn't be happier with it's performance.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:35 PM
JJay03

I cant wait till the hyperion 0720i comes out. Love my 0610i but with the faster discharging on the 720 and the extra 10 amps it will be very sweet!