Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Li Po tests

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 11:50 AM
TedMo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Li Po tests

I have been attempting to determine the condition of my li po batteries and getting some strange results. My method: Charge pack up on FMA 4S or 10S chargers to done. Connect to E-Flite 25 motor with 11/8 prop. Connect to Astro meter to read max MA/ Watts, run at various throttle settings to obtain run time. Some maintain normal good reading for reasonablt time, about 7 min. Packs vary in amount of MA and C rating and number of cells, 3/ 4. Several pulsate when at high throttle and if I reduce throttle setting stop pulsating, then go back up give better reading? To me it appears like there may be bad cell? Seems improve when pack gets slightly warm? Some however just don't test well. Any thoughts on my test procedure or results? Relatively few maintain excellent reading throughout test. Quite disappointing. Testing about 15 different cells none very old.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:49 PM
richrd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Li Po tests

Wow 15 cells an 15 different results. Your tests on surface if plane flies..
As long as you are not exceeding any C rating the watt meter never lies so OK the batts that pulse are weak..
Rich