Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Need Astroflight 110D Peak charger help

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Need Astroflight 110D Peak charger help

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2002, 03:30 PM
Tommygun
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Astroflight 110D Peak charger help

Hi all, I'm trying to understand the correct use of the Astroflight 110D peak charger. I lost the instructions, and don't remember the right formula for determining charge rates. I have a couple of different batteries; a 7 cell 270MAH NiMH, a 7 cell 300MAH NiMH, and some 600MAH NiCads. I know you're supposed to multiply or divide capacity by something, but what? Is it a different formula for fast and slow rates? Even on the lowest setting on slow, it still peaks the batteries in only 7-8 hours. Is this good for the batteries? I thought they should take like 12 hours overnight/slow. Any other tips for using this charger would be great. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-03-2002, 04:52 PM
z11355

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Astroflight 110D Peak charger help

my hunch is that the minumum charge rate on
the 110D is around 50mA. A C/10 rate on
your 2 small packs woulod be around 27-30mA so you can see why your getting them done
in only 7 or so hours.