Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

question about my burned battery

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

question about my burned battery

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 10:36 AM
sbracing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about my burned battery

well i was looking it over. i was wondering if i should test it to see if it still good? the reason im asking is it never swelled or punctered the pack but the foil is burned. should i take the chance? it just sucks because this was a brand new pack(also my brothers) it would suck if i have to buy a new one but i dont want to have to buy a new car either after it explodeslol
Old 03-13-2010, 10:45 AM
sbracing

Default RE: question about my burned battery

Old 03-13-2010, 11:26 AM
N1EDM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Do you have any idea how the foil got burned like that? Had it been in a crash?

Bob
Old 03-13-2010, 11:47 AM
sbracing

it happened when my esc caught on fire. it shot flames out of the sides and hit the battery
Old 03-14-2010, 05:02 AM
Bundubasher

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That battery is done for. If you want to usethat battery, consider thatdamaged batterieshave immense power, they tend to throw the Earth at a flying plane........ price of new battery vs price of new plane/ secondary crash damage/injuries to other property/people.

ORIGINAL: sbracing

well i was looking it over. i was wondering if i should test it to see if it still good? the reason im asking is it never swelled or punctered the pack but the foil is burned. should i take the chance? it just sucks because this was a brand new pack(also my brothers) it would suck if i have to buy a new one but i dont want to have to buy a new car either after it explodeslol