Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Charge Or Not?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 10:56 AM
glide

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charge Or Not?

I just orderd some new batteries and before I even received them I totalled my trainer last night. Well, the question is since I won't be using these batteries for a couple months or so is it better to let them sit with no charge until I need them? Or should I charge, cycle, and maintain them until they're needed? Thanks.

- Brian
Old 07-17-2003, 12:05 PM
jimo811
My Feedback: (17)

Default To charge or not to charge

Since most packs come uncharged, and may have sat on the shelf for a short period of time uncharged, I don't think it would hurt them to sit a little longer uncharged. I too will be curious to see if someone else tells you otherwise. Sorry about your loss.
Old 07-17-2003, 12:12 PM
glide

Default Charge Or Not?

that's all right. i actually kind of enjoyed watching it plummet to the ground. since it couldn't have been my depth perception, i concluded that the tree jumped in front of the plane. damn trees.
Old 07-17-2003, 01:25 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Default Charge Or Not?

Just put them in a plastic bag and put them in your refrigerator (not freezer). When ready to use allow them to come to room temperature and charge them for 16-20 hours.