Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Electrostik Motor

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Electrostik Motor

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 08:50 PM
mrcoolpop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrostik Motor

I purchase the electrostik and during the assembly I unplug the ESC from the brushless motor. The motor has 3 different colors but the ESC has all black wires. I connect the wires to see which direction the motor is turning. If it is reversed I need to unplug and switch any two motor wires. But the motor will not run at all. What possible can cause this to happen?

Old 11-11-2010, 08:03 AM
wantcd
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Electrostik Motor

ORIGINAL: mrcoolpop

I purchase the electrostik and during the assembly I unplug the ESC from the brushless motor. The motor has 3 different colors but the ESC has all black wires. I connect the wires to see which direction the motor is turning. If it is reversed I need to unplug and switch any two motor wires. But the motor will not run at all. What possible can cause this to happen?

You may have already tried this but if you have the stock ESC you have to arm it by moving the throttle to full then back to off. After that it should be armed and when you move the throttle it should power the motor.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:43 PM
mrcoolpop

You was correct it now works. Thanks a million...
Old 11-11-2010, 01:01 PM
wantcd
My Feedback: (5)

No problem, I am thinking of getting one myself. i just cannot decide if I should get the ARF or the Rx-R. It may just be easier to get the Rx-R so I don't have to find a motor that will fit the mounting holes.
Anyway good luck with yours.