Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

DSX9 Rx

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

DSX9 Rx

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 07:20 PM
Muza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DSX9 Rx

G'day all,

I'm getting back into RC Flight and am after some help with my radio selections. I have bought a DSX9 Tx for $AU350, but need a basic receiver thats compatible.

I was thinking a Spektrum AR500 for just a basic training aircraft. But with all this DSM2, 2.4GHz, I'm not quite so sure whats compatible with what anymore.

Any thoughts are appreciated

Muz
Old 11-27-2010, 07:50 PM
opjose

Default RE: DSX9 Rx

I had to look up the DSX9 as I've never seen it here.

It looks like a re-labeled JR 9303... which is a good thing...

Yes it will work just fine with ANY Spectrum or JR DSM2 receivers.

The only ones you need to avoid are the DSM Park Flyer receivers.

Old 11-27-2010, 08:44 PM
FLAPHappy
My Feedback: (209)

Goodday mate!
You bought a great Transmitter. I n the instruction booklet, that should be supplied with that transmitter should give that information. From what I looked up, it is a duplicate of the JR 9303, which is a 9 channel 2.4 GHZ Transmitter with 30 model memory and Model Match, which I don't think any other MFGR's can duplicate today. I had Spectrum DX7, and stepped up to the JR9503, which has 50 model memory plus backlight and other's. I can use all the RX's I had without switching to something else.
Anyway if ya buy a 9 channel Transmitter, but not going to use them all, then go with at least a 4 or 5 channel RX. I myself would but the AR 7000,( 7 channels)for a starter and go to theAR 9000for more channels. Sooner or later you will want more channels availible, so why buy one that limits the capaibility of tthe Transmitter? Why buy a 9 channel Transmitter and have a 3 channel RX??? I don't get it.
Just as a note, All JR ''s will work with Spectrumand vise versa but they have to be 2.4 GHZ.. Same thing.
When ya get a little bigger RX, that leaves you more options,like dual batteries, voltage moniters etc. if ya choose to do so.
Have a Great day! Fly .
Old 11-27-2010, 10:37 PM
scooterinvegas
My Feedback: (1)

Dont buy the AR500. I wouldn't buy anything less than a AR6200, but you should start a AR7000. Just don't buy a AR500..... (your gonna have to trust me on this one) Scoot