Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Finishing Plane

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Finishing Plane

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2003, 03:20 AM
NCLights

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finishing Plane

Hey guys, I'm on the verge of finishing my first trainer, yes I did get it in April, but I've just been lazy and had plenty of problems with the wings. Anyway, I'm wondering what kinds of things I can do to test it out before I bring it to the shop to have him check it out. Besides for radio and balance, I guess I'm asking about testing the engine out. Don't really know how to do this, and haven't really dealth with the engine besides mounting, connecting control linkage....Anyway, I'm wondering about this and anything else you might think I should check out on my own.

Thank you.
-Tom
Old 08-10-2003, 03:37 AM
depfife
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Finishing Plane

What engine do you have in it?

Eric
Old 08-10-2003, 03:44 PM
bkf1970

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finishing Plane

If the engine is new it will need to "Broke In" the engine manual will have instructions for this procedure. Make sure all Your hinge gaps are close and the control surfaces move freely. If the radio is installed check for slop between the control surfaces and servoes and make sure everything moves in the right direction when you move the sticks. If you have an exprienced person helping you he will know what to check for but don't be surprised or diappionted if there are things to fix before you fly.
Old 08-10-2003, 07:38 PM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Finishing Plane

You should get help starting and breaking in the engine. One bad run can ruin an engine.

If you knew more about these planes, I'd say there's a lot you could check. But not knowing means you won't really know what to look for anyway.

Take it to the shop. They should be able to tell you pretty quickly what's wrong, and right.
Dennis-