Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

addiction

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

addiction

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 08:02 AM
rasputins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default addiction

hi all
another newbie here,ive done a silly thing last night in a drunken haze
i bought a pa addiction doh!!
what r my chances of flying it succesfully[]
allso i didnt get the power system with it because it looked abit expensive
can anyone recommend an alternative system.
ian
Old 07-24-2011, 08:29 AM
DeferredDefect

Default RE: addiction

Uh oh.

Welcom to RCU!
Well first of all, i'm a bit envious. Second off, you will need a proper trainer first. The Addiction is a great aircraft for learing 3D, but not flight in general. It was designed to fly at very low airspeeds, on the prop, if you will, but does not excell at "normal" straight line flight. Other models will do this much better, and this is how you will need to learn. I would recommend that you search out the proper power system, servos, radio, etc for the Addiction, but find a suitable electric trainer that can use them as well. This way, you can learn on a decent trainer aircraft (with an instructor to help you trim it out and show you the proper way to set it up, etc), and then swap the gear out to the Addiction when you are ready. The Addiction can be tamed down to be rather gentle, but I you will still require a basic trainer first.

Either way, good luck and happy flying!

Graeme
Old 07-24-2011, 05:15 PM
billd76
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: addiction

The addiction on low rates with @ 30 expo is very tame. You're first mistake, buying anything in a drunken stuper! do a search on the forum under the 3d section. Bunch of stuff there on the addiction. It is a great fun flying plane, that floats in like a kite for landing. It is a blast to fly, most fun plane I own. I would suggest due to the cost of the plane, save your money that you would normally spend on brew and put in a good motor and ESC. 1600 - 2200 Mah for battery, I'm running a hacker motor and castle ESC. finally get yer AMA card and join a club with an instructor!! Both are worth all the GOLD when it comes to learning to fly as you should. If you decide you can't or don't want to fly it. PM me, I'll buy it!! It is the most fun plane I own. Fits in any car and you can fly it pretty much anywhere. Good Luck