Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

How much do you pay to fly at your club?

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.
View Poll Results: A poll
I pay $20-$40
20.00%
I pay $40-60
25.61%
I pay $60-70
8.18%
I pay $70-80
12.12%
I pay $80-90
3.48%
I pay $90-$100
11.36%
I pay $100-150
11.36%
I pay over $150+ a year
5.30%
My club is over priced and i dont see where the money is going!!!
2.58%
Voters: 660. You may not vote on this poll

How much do you pay to fly at your club?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 07:22 AM
Oberst
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How much do you pay to fly at your club?

ORIGINAL: Charlie P.

My new club I will be paying $65, but I can't hold office. (That's fine with me). $75 I can hold office
Having held club office, 4th term currently, I'd say that's backwards! You should pay a lot less to take on the aggrivation.

Yes, My wife and I was laughing about that. I didn't notice that until you pointed it out to me, I'll ask them why they have it that way. LOL

Pete
Old 09-02-2011, 04:39 AM
biam

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

50.00 a year,a bargain in my opinion.I am a traveling construction worker,I always get on the a.m.a web site to find a club to fly at when I move. Iam at a club in georgia now and feel fortunate to be able to fly there. after being here a year,I found out that no new members are being taken. very nice place, grass and asphalt runway, shelter and port-a-potty, and great new flying buddy's, what else could you want?
Old 09-24-2011, 10:21 PM
dgholmes59

Retired crop duster lets our club use the end of his runway with pavement and grass landing areas. Did not make the poll because it is Free.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:10 PM
Ed_Moorman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I pay $10 at my main club and $25 at the other.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:47 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

I'll bet you don't pay $2000/year for land use and grass cutting either. the other place I fly we own the land but pay $150/cut at least ounce a week and with a lot of rain it's twice a week. Consider your self really fourtuneate.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:50 AM
goirish

my club dues are $9000.00 less my senior discount that brings the price down to $50.00
Old 09-27-2011, 07:00 AM
HoundDog

ORIGINAL: goirish

my club dues are $9000.00 less my senior discount that brings the price down to $50.00
$8950 Senior discount. Who says it doesn't pay to get old? Any that's for the few months of summer in Michigan. If U can get Grams to leave the Grand Childern for 4-6 months, try a southern states trip this winter. You'll never think of spending another winter in this misserible cold till ya can't get out of your wheel chair by your self.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:10 AM
Marcio Senger

I pay R$70,00/month. This is like U$40,00/month - U$480,00/year.

Theese are the facilities:

Here a album of 2011, so you can compare the facilities, size of the runways, type of airplanes and all...

http://www.gvrc.com.br/gvrc/index.ph...d=70&Itemid=87

What I realize is that it is WAY cheaper to fly in USA...
Old 09-27-2011, 07:27 AM
HoundDog

ORIGINAL: Marcio Senger

I pay R$70,00/month. This is like U$40,00/month - U$480,00/year.

Theese are the facilities:

Here a album of 2011, so you can compare the facilities, size of the runways, type of airplanes and all...

http://www.gvrc.com.br/gvrc/index.ph...d=70&Itemid=87

What I realize is that it is WAY cheaper to fly in USA...
For your R$70/Month, is that year round flying. Also what percentage of electrics do they have at your club? Looked like mostley Nitro.

Old 09-27-2011, 08:44 AM
Marcio Senger

Yeah, most airplanes are glow or gas, but there is no restriction (yet) to electric powered crafts.

I see that we spend a lot of money in infra-structure that you guys in USA just don´t care about (or it looks like).

Our club is equiped with a full operational kitchen, freezers and stuff, bathrooms (gentleman and ladyes), living room, TWO very long termac runways, ambient sound system for events or simply calling a buddy, security guard 24/7...

It is important to remark that we fly all seasons, as we do not have weather problems.

It seems to me that you guys have a much more purist/simple approach to the facilities needed. A decent runway and room to park your car, period. And to tell you the truth, I would be happy with this too.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:51 AM
CGRetired
My Feedback: (1)

Well, we care, but often we just don't get the opportunity. Our club, for instance, has two fields, both are on public land. So, we cannot do anything to it, and you can bet that the County or the State won't give us a penny nor put anything up for us. Now, if we played soccer at our fields, we'd have a grand stand, consession stand, paved runways, pits area with covered work areas, paved parking, and paved runways for both helicopter and fixed wing as well as anything else you can imagine. But, we don't play soccer at our field so we don't get the same treatment as others do in the county. Yeah.. yeah.. rave on..

CGr.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:34 AM
HoundDog

ORIGINAL: Marcio Senger

Yeah, most airplanes are glow or gas, but there is no restriction (yet) to electric powered crafts.

I see that we spend a lot of money in infra-structure that you guys in USA just don´t care about (or it looks like).

Our club is equiped with a full operational kitchen, freezers and stuff, bathrooms (gentleman and ladyes), living room, TWO very long termac runways, ambient sound system for events or simply calling a buddy, security guard 24/7...

It is important to remark that we fly all seasons, as we do not have weather problems.

It seems to me that you guys have a much more purist/simple approach to the facilities needed. A decent runway and room to park your car, period. And to tell you the truth, I would be happy with this too.
Actually I have been to and seen many differant R/C facilities accross the USA. Some as simple as an "almost" flat spot to land, to places as elabroat as the beautiful facility you have.

Old 09-27-2011, 02:09 PM
opjose

ORIGINAL: CGRetired

Now, if we played soccer at our fields, we'd have a grand stand, consession stand, paved runways, pits area with covered work areas, paved parking, and paved runways for both helicopter and fixed wing as well as anything else you can imagine. But, we don't play soccer at our field so we don't get the same treatment as others do in the county. Yeah.. yeah.. rave on..

CGr.
It sounds like it may be time for your club to see if it can get public use of a trash dump area that has been covered over and no longer used.

Many times the counties get enamored of the idea of having public use of lands that are otherwise useless and appear to be an eyesore to people.

Our county government was approached by one club in the area, and not only did they get long term use of the land, but the county paid for and put up faclilties, sheds, a runway, etc.... after the first year or two. The county loved the "feel good" aspects of the whole project and the good PR they got.

With monies tight ameneties are hard to get, but if the club offers light upkeeping responsiblity they local governments may go along.... particularly if they've had problems with people attempting to fly RC aircraft in parks which they want to limit.

Talking to local planners is a great way to dig up info and get the ball rolling.