Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
 new wire for the ignition control switch wire >

new wire for the ignition control switch wire

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

new wire for the ignition control switch wire

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 05:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new wire for the ignition control switch wire

1st can the ignition module be taken apart and a new wire installed for the ignition control switch wire? If not, what is the size of the wire that I could splice on to the wire coming out of the module. I put a servo extension wire on it but I don't think it is heavy enough to carry the load. Don't want to buy a new ignition module for 80 yankee greenbacks.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: new wire for the ignition control switch wire

The ignition doesn't pull much for current. I'm sure 20ga servo wire would be fine. That is probably what the leads are on the switch/charge jack most people use anyway.

Before you install that engine of unknown history, I'd pull the top and bottom cover off the carb. There is a little filter screen you want to make sure is clean, and the little rubber flappers may have stuck.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:16 AM
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: JeffinTD

The ignition doesn't pull much for current. I'm sure 20ga servo wire would be fine. That is probably what the leads are on the switch/charge jack most people use anyway.

Before you install that engine of unknown history, I'd pull the top and bottom cover off the carb. There is a little filter screen you want to make sure is clean, and the little rubber flappers may have stuck.
Agreed. The last one I got the wires appeared to be even smaller than standard servo wires and it works with no issues. The wires never need to be larger than the switch wires.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that's good to hear. then all I have to do now is find a propeller flange and I think I can see if it will run.