Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

7 year old flying

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

7 year old flying

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 04:06 PM
tonywayne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 7 year old flying

Heres a beginner. My 7 year old son flying his slow stick. http://youtu.be/FVdVb5y-bYY
Old 05-19-2012, 04:48 PM
jetmech05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 7 year old flying

Way to go...My daughter started training at 7....but my grandson didn't have the attention span at 7...at 12 he is starting to ask to go to the field...but he has things to do when I am going. this summer I hope
Old 05-20-2012, 02:05 AM
biam

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

one of the many events that make a dad and grampa smile all over. Great job, both of you.
Old 05-20-2012, 02:43 AM
CGRetired
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kids.. they amaze me. They go out and fly these things like they were born into it!! Man, do I love to see that!

We had a kid in our club a while back that was flying glow powered 3D helicopters at age 10. He went on to the Air Force Academy and is flying high-performance jets now. His mother used to drive him to the field and hang around with the pilots while Luke flew his helicoper.

One day, a gent showed up with a plane set up with a video camera, a transmitter, and a ground station to display what the camera was "seeing". Well, he also had this virtual reality helmet. Well, Luke put that helmet on and flew this plane for about 10 minutes doing all sorts of stunts with it. The odd part of this was he had his back to the flight line!!! Amazing!!

CGr.
Old 05-20-2012, 10:49 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Here is the youngest I am working with, five years old and just started yesterday. Three flights and he is doing fine at keeping the wings level. He does fly coaxial helicopters reasonably well and I feel he is gonna do fine. No relation, he and his dad are recent recruits to our club.

His attention span seems to be about four minutes so that is what I am keeping flights at.

He is flying my Senior Kaydet , OS .35AX using the aurora traning system which is awesome especially for this situation.

The Air plane also just had a complete recover since it was sacrificed at our recent paint ball shoot.

John
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29520.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	1764187   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm38592.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	1764188   Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84415.jpg
Views:	14