Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Battery converter connector cables

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Battery converter connector cables

Old 11-30-2012, 05:56 PM
CGRetired
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Battery converter connector cables

I have several LiPo batteries with the Deans flat connectors. I also have several Eflite LiPo batteries with round connectors.

I need a converter so that I can use the batteries with the Deans flat connectors on an airplane with the Eflite round connectors and vice versa.

Does anyone know where I can find those pair of cables?

I don't want to convert one to the other.. I have several E planes. Some use the flat Deans and some use the round connector. I want to be able to mix the batteries with any of the planes - that is to be able to use the batteries with flat Deans on planes with round connectors and vice versa.

Thanks in advance.

CGr
Old 11-30-2012, 06:32 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Battery converter connector cables

E-flite battts use EC2,3,5 connectors. Are yours EC3? http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._adapters.html 8th and 9th pic down perhaps? I'm not sure about getting th male female correct though.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:49 PM
CGRetired

That sort of looks like what I have. Right now, the last of my Eflite batteries are on the charger. Once it is charged, I will compare what you pointed out and see if that's what I need.

Thanks for the help.

CGr
Old 11-30-2012, 06:50 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Can't you just build a connector to fit your needs CG??? That's what I would do if I were in your situation.

Ken
Old 11-30-2012, 06:52 PM
guver

I like to build mine "without wire" , but never can I do it cheaper than buying adapters.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:22 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Simple to make.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:56 AM
CGRetired

Yeah, I suppose I could. I was looking for an easy way out..

I'll buy the connectors and make a pair.

CGr
Old 12-01-2012, 07:10 AM
bingo field

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you are like me, I spend so much time fixing things for everyone else, that I don't have the time or the inclination to make something for myself. Sometimes I piggyback projects, someone needs something that I have to order, and I order 2 and make 2 at a time, one for me..
Old 12-01-2012, 08:36 AM
Steve Steinbring

I just convert everything to Deans connectors it simplifies things for me.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:01 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I started out using Deans but everyone I fly with buys there packs from HK and the batteries use the yellow ends? It was just easier for me to make up a new charger, meter and ESC leads and change over to the yellow ones myself. I also scrounged around and got every type of lead I could locate and made up one charge lead that will work on every type of battery end I have run into for a friends new charger.
Of course when I was at my sons over the Holiday all his stuff had a different type of end so I pulled my lead from my charger so I could use his and forgot to bring it home with me!! I just made up a replacement for myself.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:08 AM
guver

I convert everything over to powerpoles , but invariably one will run into a different style so adapters are needed anyways. I run into all different types of plugs , and I don't even have any friends. GCRetired, if you can't get the plugs I can send you the EC3 and/or Dean's , but you'd have to solder them together yourself.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:00 PM
opjose

ORIGINAL: Gray Beard

I started out using Deans but everyone I fly with buys there packs from HK and the batteries use the yellow ends? It was just easier for me to make up a new charger, meter and ESC leads and change over to the yellow ones myself. I also scrounged around and got every type of lead I could locate and made up one charge lead that will work on every type of battery end I have run into for a friends new charger.
The "Yellow" connectors are called XT60.

HK stocks a bunch of different adapters and hydra cables for chargers.

I've obtained XT60 to EC-3, XT60 to DEANS and XT60 to the red covered banana style adapters for about 3.00 or so for a pair ( male female sets ) of adapters for each.

From a "do it yourself" standpoint I find the red covered plug style adapters the easiest to use/solder. In lieu of using Powerpolls, they are my next choice.

I've obtained or made adapters for almost any combination of connectors currently marketed. While this leaves me with a small box full of different adapters to include on my way to the field, it sure makes things easy.

Making or obtaining different adapter combos is a heck of a lot safer than putting on one type of adapter on everything you own.

I've well over a hundred different battery packs, and I'm not even going to begin to try on some of the 6s and above packs.

Old 12-01-2012, 02:03 PM
CGRetired

Well, I really hate doing Deans on battery packs. One little mistake and the battery is toast... ask me how I know that. And, I am an experienced solderer. (is that even a word? [X(] ). That's why I want adapter cables.

CGr
Old 12-01-2012, 02:22 PM
opjose

ORIGINAL: CGRetired

Well, I really hate doing Deans on battery packs. One little mistake and the battery is toast... ask me how I know that. And, I am an experienced solderer. (is that even a word? [X(] ). That's why I want adapter cables.

CGr
Yeah the thought of a 5000mAh 40C 22.2v battery pack discharging while attempting to wire in a Deans connector is a bit terrifying!

I might be safer sticking my finger in a wall outlet with my feet soaking in the bathtub!!!