Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Newbie needs help please?

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Newbie needs help please?

Old 02-28-2013, 03:58 AM
RCPilot@NL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie needs help please?

Hi all,
I recently bought a RTF Epo Cessna 182. (brand unknown) After putting eveything together, all seemed to work fine, except...
My rudder doesnt seem to work. I've tried eveything. I bought myself a new receiver, had it bind to my Dx6i and still the same
result, no rudder. When you connect the rudder servo to the receiver there is a slight twich of the servo indicating it gets power?
I've tried replacing the servo, ... same results.
Anybody please help me?
Old 02-28-2013, 05:03 AM
Steve Steinbring

Default RE: Newbie needs help please?

Some thoughts!

Connect the rudder servo to another channel like the aileron to see if it works. It could very well be there is something wrong on the transmitter side, try doing a model reset. If there is a programming problem that may clear the issue. You might also try putting your airplane on a different model memory.

Do you have other models on the TX and are they functioning properly?
Old 02-28-2013, 05:05 AM
bingo field

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you have tried everything on the receiver side, both the receiver and a servo - you could have just tried an aileron servo in that spot on the receiver temporarily, you may want to read the manual on that transmitter and see how to do a model reset to set the transmitter back to factory defaults. I don't have one of these transmitters, but I did have one that the model would not program properly until I did a reset on it, then all the setups went according to the book. I would also hook the receiver battery back up to the charger for a while to ensure that it is fully charged, I have seen twitchy servos from freshly charged batteries as well. Fluorescent lights in the proximity of the receiver can cause glitches for me in the past. I just took the plane out of the building to test it. Hope that helps some.

Steven, you are a fast typer....
Old 02-28-2013, 07:32 AM
RCPilot@NL

Wow thank you guys for quick responses. I started all over by disconnecting everything again and re-binding
the rx to the tx. (Orange 6 ch receiver and Spektrum Dx6i) Deleted the model in the TX and entered new model.
Everything is back up and working correctly! All i needed in the end was a little more patience :-)
Old 02-28-2013, 08:38 AM
Steve Steinbring

Glad it worked out!
Old 02-28-2013, 10:17 AM
bingo field

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ditto!
Old 02-28-2013, 01:38 PM
jimgee1
My Feedback: (3)

This is a very good resourse for all pilots, not only beginners! Follow along.. Everybody can learn something here..

Jim Gallagher