Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Hobbyking Junkers Ju-42 problems

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Hobbyking Junkers Ju-42 problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 06:30 AM
lifen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobbyking Junkers Ju-42 problems

Hey guys,

I've just bought this Hobbyking Junkers Ju-42 and I'm trying to put it together.
However, the instructions are very very unclear and it's my first plane.

Obviously, Ihave several problems:

1) How do I connect the servos in the wings to the ailerons? I have these two metal Z rods with one end capped in a plastic pinch thing.
2) I need a TX/RX. I already have several controllers from other projects, but I don't have anything in the plane. What do I need to buy and how can I install it? The plane info page says I need a 4ch Rx/Tx, but can I also use a 6ch?
3) The cables from the two servos in the wings..They need to be linked up with something called a "Y-somethingsomething"..This is not included in the kit. What is it and where can I buy it?
4) It's a foam airplane and I need to glue it in several places, but my Revell glue, that I use on plastic kits isn't bonding the foam with the plastic parts..Which glue doI need?

Thanks in advance. I really want to see this thing fly.

Edit: I have succesfully connected the servos to the ailerons. (Ty youtube.) Now my only questions are: can I use a 6channel RX/TX on a 4ch plane? What glue is best to use on this EPO foam plane? And what Y thing do I need to buy to connect the cables of the servo?

Thanks!

Old 07-04-2013, 10:10 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Hobbyking Junkers Ju-42 problems

ORIGINAL: lifen

I've just bought this Hobbyking Junkers Ju-42 and I'm trying to put it together.
However, the instructions are very very unclear and it's my first plane.

.Edit: I have succesfully connected the servos to the ailerons. (Ty youtube.) Now my only questions are: can I use a 6channel RX/TX on a 4ch plane? What glue is best to use on this EPO foam plane? And what Y thing do I need to buy to connect the cables of the servo?

A bit of a mystery here and I have never heard of a Ju-42 and a search of the Hobbyking site only disclosed a Ju-52 and the Micro Stuka Ju-87. Two very different airplanes so my guess is you are talking about the Micro Stuka. So my contribution to your questions above are:

1. Yes you can use a six or more channel transmitter (by the way that's what they are called, not controllers at least when you move to airplanes) with a four channel receiver, You will simply not be able to use all six channels.

2. I will leave the question on what to use with EPO foam to others as I don,t mess with the foam stuff.

3. Here is a link to a typical "Y thing" with Futaba micro plugs but what you need exactly until you purchase and know what your radio system is going to be that cannot be answered yet and you have not said you have yet.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXMHA6&P=7

One last important note I wish to add:

This airplane if it is the Micro Stuka is so wildly inappropriate to use as a trainer for a newbie which you said you are and even more so if you intend to try it without a Mentor (There's that evil instructor word agine). its gonna be a complete waste of money without any learning taking place or simply joy of just watching it fly.

If you really want to watch it fly find an experienced pilot to test and demonstrate it to you then park it and go find an appropriate airplane as well as someone to mentor you.

John

Old 07-04-2013, 02:25 PM
jetmech05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John is giving you spot on advice.
This is the greatest hobby in the world but there is a learning curve.
Please get with an experienced flyer as John suggested
Old 07-05-2013, 06:26 AM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

If the plane is made of EPO foam (and only if) medium CA glue will bond it. You can also use epoxy or Gorilla Glue (polyurethane glue) if you want a little extra working time.

And I'll second the advice you've been given to not go out and try to fly this plane by yourself. Chances are better than average that there will be mechanical or building errors that will make it unflyable at all, or at least not by an inexperienced pilot. It needs to be checked over thoroughly by an experienced builder and pilot, then test flown and trimmed properly for flight. After all of that is done, you'll have a chance of keeping it in the air for maybe 8-10 seconds at your beginner skill level. Be patient and start with an appropriate trainer plane and you will find a very enjoyable and reward hobby. But if you try to take shortcuts, you'll find nothing but frustration.