Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
 newb cant tune worth anything... >

newb cant tune worth anything...

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

newb cant tune worth anything...

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 11:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newb cant tune worth anything...

Im new to all of this.. i recently purchased a traxxas revo 3.3.. read the manuel front to back went through the break in period but on the 5th tank of the break in period ..all went wrong.. i had not changed any settings between tanks... but all a sudden high idle, wants to roll away at idle, hard to start, and running hot... lsn is adjusted so that when the fuel clamp is applied to shut the motor off in 3 seconds.. steady blue smoke trail under full throttle... un burned fuel is coming through the exhaust.. to rich i know.. so i turn the hsn 1/8 turn clockwise then it will not idle just shuts off.. also adjusted the idle down to a reasonable idle.. run it and when it comes to a stop after running it high again.. if i turn it down more wont run... so lost... plz help
Old 07-20-2013, 12:14 PM

Default RE: newb cant tune worth anything...

Hi Jdunk, Welcome to RCing, you may want to post in the car section, you will get answers from people with experience with cars(I am assuming a Traxxas Revo is a vehicle). You may want to check for plastic flashing from the tank stuck in your filter and or needle valve, A new fuel tank will usually have little pieces of plastic in it from the manufacturing process. You may also want to flush out the tank. I may be way off base here but give it a try and in the meantime repost in the vehicle section.Calvi
Old 07-20-2013, 01:05 PM

thanks for the heads up somehow i jumped threads and ill clean the tank out to see if that helps
Old 07-20-2013, 02:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Couple easy things to try, first change the glow plug, it can be bad and make the engine untunable and run like crap. Another biggie is check the fuel line right at the tank connection, a tiny spilit sometimes hard to see usually caused by the shap edge of the copper tube, especially if the fuel line makes a tight bend right there.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:20 PM
My Feedback: (6)

I would look at the plug and check for air leaks. And by checking for leaks that means every possible place in the system from the tank to the carb. I have seen a tower hobbies engine that was untuneable due to a leak wear the carb mates to the engine.