Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

hangar 9 ultra stick 40 dual rates

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

hangar 9 ultra stick 40 dual rates

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 03:16 AM
rcworld2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hangar 9 ultra stick 40 dual rates

Ok here it goes i am at work so will explain best i can and then post a few pics tonight of servos.

ok i am setting up a hangar 9 ultra stick 40 i bought off a guy he put it all together including servos but never flew it.

ok so for example the high rate for the elevator was like 2 inch something and the low was like 1 and a half.

and i can only get it to travel like 1 1/4 at best . So what do I need to do? Longer servo horns etc? I will post a few pics later
Old 05-15-2014, 05:04 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Two inch elevator throw on that air plane is extremely excessive and throws should be the same for that airplane up and down.

Perhaps there is a communication problem going on here. Throws are measured at the trailing edge from neutral to full up and the same for down. I have no clue what the factory recommendation is but I would start with about three quarter inch at the elevator for low and one inch at high.

Great little airplane and I actually have one that gets lots of service

John
Old 05-15-2014, 07:12 AM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

According to the H9 manual, low rates should be 7/8 inch both ways on aileron and elevator, 2 inches both ways on the rudder, and 1 1/4 inches for the flaps. I have the .60 size version of that plane and can tell you that the factory recommended low rates are plenty for sport flying. I actually turned mine down a bit from there once I got the plane trimmed right because I found the low rates excessive for precision flying. The high rates that are recommended are going to be seriously hot, not recommended at all for someone new to this plane.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:37 AM
rcworld2000

Ok maybe i read something wrong i will see what i cone up with i get home. Thanks
Old 05-15-2014, 08:54 PM
Lagunero

It seems you don't have the assembly manual... Find it here:
http://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/Ultr..._40_Manual.pdf
Page 41.

Regards
Rafa

Last edited by Lagunero; 05-15-2014 at 08:57 PM.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:48 AM
rcworld2000

Yes I have manual. I was just at work when I made this post. And I was trying to remember the throws. And I figured it out I just had to move the control rod out to the farther Hoke on horn. And I was able then to get the throws the manual wanted