Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Parkzone Sukhoi SU-29MM AS3X Problem?

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Parkzone Sukhoi SU-29MM AS3X Problem?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 08:56 AM
krashkart
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parkzone Sukhoi SU-29MM AS3X Problem?

I bought this model about a month ago.
I have flown other planes before but never with this newer style correcting AS3X receiver that it came with.
I am operating this plane with a DX-7 and believe I set it all up correctly but I have a concern.
On page 10 of the manual it shows that after the system has initiated what should happen with the control surfaces when the AS3X system is set to operate automatically.
My concern is that they elevators and ailerons do what they are supposed to do but the rudder does nothing. The book says if the system does not react the way it should don't fly it. Nobody locally knows much about this receiver.
I called Horizon Hobby and they said the rudder movement can be very small and to try pinching the rudder at it's pivot point to "feel" any movement.

Apparently as near as I can tell I can fly this model and deactivate the auto control system by turning the gear switch off?
Maybe something I am not understanding?

Last edited by krashkart; 11-12-2014 at 09:15 AM.
Old 11-12-2014, 11:32 AM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

You should get rudder movement just like normal with the AS3X system working, same as you do for the other surfaces. I'd start doing some troubleshooting before making a repair request.

1. Plug a different servo into the rudder channel to see if it will work. So say you plug the elevator servo into channel 4 (if that's what the rudder is), and moving your rudder stick makes the elevator move, you'll know you have a good transmitter and receiver.

2. Reverse the above test by changing the rudder servo to a different channel to see if it works now. Between the two tests, you should be able to determine if you have a servo problem or a radio problem.

3. If you don't find a servo problem, check to see if all of your transmitter channels work right with another plane.

4. If you do find a servo problem, take off the servo arm and see if you can get full range movement. That will tell you if the issue is a bad servo or a binding control.

Chances are if you do the troubleshooting and figure out the problem, Horizon will send you the part you need to fix it for free.