Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

What rc plane for beginners?

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

What rc plane for beginners?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 10:38 AM
charbel1011

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What rc plane for beginners?

Hello guys im really desperate for help and im new to this forum i want to start with rc plane hobby which rc plane for beginner is right for me, thank you
Old 04-27-2017, 11:57 AM
sensei

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I recommend the e-flight Apprentice 15- E from Horizon Hobby, I also recommend you find a club in your area and an instructor within that club to get you going on the right path.

Bob
Old 04-27-2017, 01:34 PM
RBACONS
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I recommend you not buy anything before visiting your local club (probably several times). You can see what types of planes are available, find out whether you want to go with electric or glow-powered, and many clubs have free flight training using the club's own planes so you do not need to invest money right away. Club members may even have used trainers for sale cheap (your first plane is going to get hurt at some point so you don't really need a shiny new plane. Its just going to hurt more when it does get damaged).
Old 04-27-2017, 01:48 PM
red head

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the Apprentice also, but I like RBACONS suggestion best of all . DON"T try it alone if you don't have to ( I've been an instructor over 35 yrs ) ENJOY !!! RED
Old 04-27-2017, 01:55 PM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

There are a number of acceptable trainers fuel or electric. Learning to fly on your own is do able but can be frustrating and lead to giving up on the hobby. The advice about finding a club and an instructor is probably the best advice you will get. If you follow that advice most likely the instructor will guide you through your trainer stage. Don't be too concerned if its fuel or electric you most likely wont make your mind up until you are ready to pick your second model. By that time you should have enough knowledge to make somewhat of an educated choice. Good luck keep your eyes and options open.

Dennis