Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

What makes a good trainer

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

What makes a good trainer

Old 10-04-2017, 05:12 AM
Redpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Helpful advice and useful discussion without being patronising. Thanks.
Old 10-05-2017, 08:55 AM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

That was the whole purpose, Redpilot. Thanks for the encouragement.
Old 10-05-2017, 12:28 PM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Jester s1,
It's been quite a while since I enjoyed reading a thread as much as I have done this one. An excellent piece and very well written.
Old 10-05-2017, 04:21 PM
jester_s1

Thank you, karolh. I had a good time making it and enjoyed others' contributions too.
Old 05-31-2018, 09:41 PM
tomy2017

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well writing that help me a lot.thanks
Old 06-06-2018, 02:18 PM
jester_s1

I'm glad to see this thread still being productive. It's never been easier to get started in this amazing hobby than it is now. Every manufacturer makes a good beginner's plane, and the rest of the equipment has never been more reliable with more features and more options than today.
Old 07-31-2020, 04:07 AM
HeidyD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very interesting tips are written here. Thanks, guys!
The following users liked this post:
bisco (09-25-2020)
Old 09-25-2020, 05:32 PM
bisco

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

i just ordered an aeroscout bnf, and dx6 tx. been learning on a 20" sport cub on my own due to covid. it is very difficult for my old eyes to see the orientation of the little sport cub, and i'm hoping the aeroscout will be easier to see, as well as more stable.
Old 09-27-2020, 04:24 PM
jester_s1

It should fly a big slower and will probably be more stable. Being so much bigger than your Sport Cub, it will definitely be easier to see. Those tiny planes are so not for beginners.
Old 09-27-2020, 04:32 PM
bisco

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by jester_s1
It should fly a big slower and will probably be more stable. Being so much bigger than your Sport Cub, it will definitely be easier to see. Those tiny planes are so not for beginners.
thank you, i hope so!

i'm going to take my time setting it up properly. i got the bnf with a dx6, big learning curve for me!
Old 10-03-2023, 10:52 AM
SIX GUNS

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

all of you young guys out there need to wait till after you get your driver lic. and first car then wait till after your first girl friend fling then after you get that out of your system then your ready for a nice trainer to get into the hobby I've watched it so many times guys get a trainer fly it a couple times then it goes into the corner to sit and passable to never be touched again
but if your over that stage in your life LOL,
get something like a sig cadet SR. with a big wing that you can do so many things with like put it on floats or if you live in the north fridged parts of the U.S.A. ski's are a fun thing
either way getting into flying is a lot of fun I my self have been training guys to fly for 30yrs. and i still get a kick out of watching guys face light up when they do their first solo
and what ever you do JOIN A CLUB !!!!!! , you will be glad you did just remember your first plane has a crash date inside of every one don't be afraid of crashing think of it as a crash learning experience it can be rebuilt Remember the crash dummies its interesting to see what survived and what didn't kind of like a crash test
and get your next plane ready to go and have fun