Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Transmitter question please

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Transmitter question please

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 02:35 PM
Tom Nied

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

It's kind of a stupid argument, isn't it?
Old 08-05-2017, 04:36 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by boner321
WOW, again I was hoping to compare JUST THE TWO RADIOS I mentioned, not "" other more expensive comparable systems""" as you put it!!! My experience level has nothing to do with the simple question I put before the members here!
They don't seem to get it, your asking about two very similar radios and whether the few extra features on one would be worth the extra 50 bucks. Chances are the basic internals are near identical. The few features have been added to satisfy a need. I remember when the same transmitters came with different features so they were better suited for helicopters or gliders etc. Few more bucks for the additional features same radio.

So it comes down to cost and will you ever make use of those extra features.

As far as quality there are those who will constantly try and up sell you on a bigger and better radio. I will say I still have a few Futaba 4 channel Concourse radios both AM and FM that work absolutely fine. They were installed in used models I purchased last year. All I did was replace the batteries test and range check them and they operated fine. The battery packs were what I have on hand for bench work I did not have to purchase any to test the models. Radios and servos have now been retired. The point I am trying to make is that older, less expensive or less technically advanced equipment doesn’t mean that much if all you want is a very basic radio.

Spectrum is not my regular choice but I have 2 DX6i Spectrums to cover the bind and fly models I have. I have never had an issue with either one. Oh and both of the used planes I spoke of earlier are outfitted with Receivers for the DX6i. Clean them up, make sure they are airworthy and resell them as basic bind and fly.

Good luck with your choice.

Dennis
Old 08-08-2017, 06:35 AM
buzzard bait

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I thought the OP asked a clear, straightforward question. I don't own either of these transmitters, but they are not very far apart in price, so my guess is that they are basically the same, but one has more features. So if you don't need those features it is an easy choice.

There is no point in speculating on what a total stranger will want in the future. I don't think there is anything wrong with raising the question even though the OP didn't ask about it. But it isn't being closed minded or stubborn for someone to say he doesn't want certain features. Maybe it's a bit stubborn for someone else to insist that he will. For example, if one's goal is to fly a scale model of an early aircraft then four channels might be all he actually uses. It is true that the lowest end transmitters are often pretty cheesy. But that's not what the OP is comparing.

There are different ways to advance in the hobby, and not all of them involve transmitter features.
Old 08-08-2017, 07:30 AM
boner321

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by buzzard bait
i thought the op asked a clear, straightforward question. I don't own either of these transmitters, but they are not very far apart in price, so my guess is that they are basically the same, but one has more features. So if you don't need those features it is an easy choice.

There is no point in speculating on what a total stranger will want in the future. I don't think there is anything wrong with raising the question even though the op didn't ask about it. But it isn't being closed minded or stubborn for someone to say he doesn't want certain features. Maybe it's a bit stubborn for someone else to insist that he will. For example, if one's goal is to fly a scale model of an early aircraft then four channels might be all he actually uses. It is true that the lowest end transmitters are often pretty cheesy. But that's not what the op is comparing.

There are different ways to advance in the hobby, and not all of them involve transmitter features.
thank you!
Old 08-24-2017, 03:04 PM
Ghia
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get the dx6i with all mixing/models in the radio! Dx6e is just empty box with no smarts in it without a outside computer connection to store its models/mixes. Dx6e sounds very tedious to me