Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Beginner hello

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Beginner hello

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2020, 06:02 PM
SeverinR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beginner hello

I am sort of new to Rc planes. Crashed several in the 80's while on leave. But now I am committed to learning to fly, not crash.

I built a Gentle lady with a short kit.
Am working on Tigermoth while this quarantine is in place.

To learn to fly I bought a Aeroscout with SAFE. It flew the first time on New Years. I didn't fly it, didn't have my membership to AMA.

I moved just before the world stopped and have walked to the RC field several times with my dogs.
So now I am a member of AMA, need to get in touch with the local field and the improved field 15 minutes away.

Just an introduction and to get my post count up.
Old 04-20-2020, 12:17 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Glad to have you. It sounds like you are on the right track, getting in touch with some experienced pilots. It doesn't replace an instructor, but a simulator can be a good investment.
Old 04-23-2020, 03:00 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

I like that intro, "I am sort of new to Rc planes. Crashed several in the 80's while on leave. But now I am committed to learning to fly, not crash."
Most people are too "proud" to admit anything like that. I'm a bit surprised you're working on a Tigermoth as it's not the easiest plane to build. When you get your post count high enough, be sure to post some pictures as we would all love to see it.
BTW, Welcome Aboard
Old 04-24-2020, 04:36 PM
jcmors

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Welcome to the hobby!

I concur with jester... a good rc simulator can be worth far more than the cost. With the shelter in place orders I have been flying my sim much more than usual just to keep the old thumbs in practice. Welcome and here’s hoping you get to fly soon!