Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Brownouts ? I think

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Brownouts ? I think

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2020, 04:02 PM
Redcatmcd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brownouts ? I think

Good day, i bought a car on cub a few months back, destroyed it learning how to fly and have gotten to the point where i dont use SAFE and its always in expert mode. So i upgraded my transmitter to the DX6 for the display and voice commands. Upon ordering that i ordered the GPS telemetry module as well.

Havent crashed my plane in at leat 20 flights and since switching over after take off about 20ft in the air i loose everything for a second or two. Well say the least it nosed diver straight into the ground twice. I would of thought the safe would have pulled more power than this receiver and module are pulling. Range test at 90ft doesnt go under 60% starting at 75% for low voltage range test.

Its set up to 22m/s not 11m/s the Dxe transmitter was set to. Could this be the problem?

Im running 3s 2200mah lipos. stock 18a esc.

Thank you
Mike
Old 06-22-2020, 07:14 AM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

You may be exceeding the amp capacity of the BEC in your ESC. Do you know the power requirement for the GPS module?