Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Programming the Spektrum AR636A / AS3X

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Programming the Spektrum AR636A / AS3X

Old 01-07-2021, 06:40 AM
Alienjohn

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Programming the Spektrum AR636A / AS3X

Friends, I have just gotten back into the hobby after 15 years and the new tech surrounding programmable receivers and Multi-Protocol radios is a challenge to learn.

I have a Carbon Cub S+ along with the Spektrum TX (DXS) that flies wonderfully. I really love the Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced modes built into the receiver because
my current skills need these precautions as I progress. I also have the RadioMaster TX16S and a used Freewing Pandora 4-in-1 plane with a AR636A / AS3X in it.

Ultimately my goal is to have both these planes stored on my TX16S with all 3 of the flight modes (Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced) available on a 3-way switch for BOTH planes.

Note: I have the Spektrum USB programming cable and have downloaded the Spektrum Programmer that I understand allows me to program the AR636A / AS3X

My questions are:
1: Can I program the AR636A / AS3X in the Freewing Pandora to behave identical to the receiver in the Carbon Cub S+, along with the mixing, SAFE and the 3 Flight Modes ?
2: I realize the Carbon Cub S+ has the A3232 receiver (not the AR636A / AS3X) SO, Is it likely that I would have to buy one of those from Horizon (pre-programmed for the Cub)
in order to achieve this and tweak the mixes for my Pandora 4-in-1 in my TX16S?

Thanks for your help with this old newbie.
John in Ohio