Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Propeller spin direction on a multirotor airplane.

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Propeller spin direction on a multirotor airplane.

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2021, 12:42 PM
cargoplane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Propeller spin direction on a multirotor airplane.

I'm building a multirotor fixed wing airplane with two propellers and thinking about propellers spin direction.
Is it ok the left and right propeller to spin in the same direction on a fixed wing airplane? What setup I have to use?
The motor I using is :XM6352EA V3 380kv
Old 02-21-2021, 05:13 AM
Retiredat38
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

And the goal for this aircraft is?

You're going to have to get your terminology straight. A rotor is typically what a helicopter has while a propeller is what an airplane has. The proper term for the helicopter is rotary wing. There are differences between it and a propeller. A multi rotor typically identifies a drone with more than two motors/props.

There are literally tons of study out there regarding multi engine prop rotational direction. You may want to brush off your internet search capabilities rather than look for specific answers to be handed to you in places like this. Try doing your own research and come to your own conclusions. Especially until you answer the first question which you've been asked more than once.
Old 02-21-2021, 09:10 AM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

There are literally hundreds of well-established designs with all the kinks worked out already. I very much appreciate your desire to learn about models and flying that is easy to see in this and your other posts. But good aircraft designers don't start out by dreaming up their own designs at the beginning. They start by learning what has worked before and why. Then they start using that creative spark to improve upon existing designs or apply that knowledge to new problems. So, as you've been advised before, start by building a few of the tried and true designs instead of trying to come up with your own thing as a first attempt.