Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Hello, new here! Digital servo question

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Hello, new here! Digital servo question

Old 11-23-2022, 06:24 PM
DSRTWIND

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello, new here! Digital servo question

Thought I'd say hello! I'm not new to RC but have been out of the loop for the last 10 years plus. I'm building a new glider and had a question regarding digital servos. Since upgrading to a NX6 radio I decided to go digital and use the KST DS145MG for a wing servo. I got them today and when plugged in, they made a weird noise that eventually mellowed out. One of them still makes it here and there. Almost like a digital morse code sound even when it's not moving. Is this normal? I'm used to the old technology and where the servos really only made a noise if it was binding. I want to make sure this one servo is good before imbedding them in the wing. I'd post pictures or a video of the sound but I guess you have to have 10 posts first.
Old 11-24-2022, 11:20 AM
DSRTWIND

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Youtube, such a great resource! Had some time to research this and I guess it's normal. Digital whine because of higher frequencies.
Old 11-24-2022, 05:47 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 248 Likes on 200 Posts

Its normal.

Digital servos, especially those, are very precise and simply the weight of a control surface will make them push to find center constantly so that they chatter and whine a bit. No worries.