Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Searching for a specific setup

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Searching for a specific setup

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2023, 05:24 AM
Darius051

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Searching for a specific setup

Hello everyone,
I'm new here in searching for a setup that would fit my needs. The thing is that I want to control sort of a non powered glider that is lifted to stratosferic hights with a baloon so I could have a video feed and control with telemetry to at least 40km pointing upwards. I have been searching for numerous options and after all that things that are on the market I'm rather confused in which direction to go. The budget is not to high but in order to have reability I would go for better equipment rather then loose the aircraft.
I don't need fpv googles but a medium screen or phone will do.. but more important than fpv steering is watching a gps position on the map while at high altitudes that could be programmed to come to some waypoints and then if needed to take over the control of the last miles watching the screen.
The image is not necessarily neded to be HD and I have doubts if the system should be analog or digital. So after all I found something that I don't know if it is good for me but I hope someone will give me a hint and that option is TBS Tango 1 with fpv video screen on the controller. If I understood correctly there is a slot for a radio module that im my case could be 868/915Mhz and the video module has a onboard antenna just enough for some miles. My concern is if this controller is suitable for a fixed wing glider and if it is possible to have some kind of navigation map to show on the controller screen beside the video link. Since I don't know what type of gear that goes into the craft is best paired with the radio module it will be of great help if you would give me some sugestions too.
I almost forgot the antennas. I suppose for such long distances there need to be some high gain antennas so I wonder if it is common to replace the stock radio module antenna with a tripod mounted high gain one and if it is done in a way that there is a cable between the handheld controller and the antenna? If so how long should it be not to have to many signal loses?
Thank you for your help and have a nice day.

Last edited by Darius051; 01-12-2023 at 05:31 AM.