Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Newbie needs help with Arrows Bigfoot wiring >

Newbie needs help with Arrows Bigfoot wiring

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Newbie needs help with Arrows Bigfoot wiring

Old 11-30-2023, 06:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie needs help with Arrows Bigfoot wiring

I'm a newbie. I bought the Arrows Bigfoot and starting to think it was a mistake, but I have the plane so onward I try to go.

I'm at the spot where I am connecting the wing assemble and the directions on how to connect all the wires is basically nonexistent. Maybe it's because I'm a newbie. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

On the wing, there are 3 wires
Gear
Flap
None

What do they go to? Gear is interesting because it's fixed landing gear so not sure what that one even does.

Then coming off of the vector control module, there are 2 wires that look like matching connectors to the wing Gear and Flap wires but they aren't labeled. I also am supposed to have 2 y cables but they only included 1 in the kit (on order from Amazon). Even if I figure out how to connect them, if the 2 aren't labeled, how do I know what's what?

ANY help would be so appreciated!

Thanks
Old 12-04-2023, 01:42 AM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

You have four servos in the wing.
Two of those goes to the ailerons
Two goes to flaps.
The two aileron servos are both connected together with a Y-harnes
The two flap servos are both connected together with a Y-harnes

These two harnes contacts are then put into the receiver on the aileron resp flaps position.
But...For a newbee flaps are not needed or desirable to use/have.
And most important! Join a club!!!!! There you can get help learning to fly!
Old 04-06-2024, 09:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Problem solved by YouTube.

Originally Posted by cforput77
I'm a newbie. I bought the Arrows Bigfoot and starting to think it was a mistake, but I have the plane so onward I try to go.

I'm at the spot where I am connecting the wing assemble and the directions on how to connect all the wires is basically nonexistent. Maybe it's because I'm a newbie. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

On the wing, there are 3 wires
Gear
Flap
None

What do they go to? Gear is interesting because it's fixed landing gear so not sure what that one even does.

Then coming off of the vector control module, there are 2 wires that look like matching connectors to the wing Gear and Flap wires but they aren't labeled. I also am supposed to have 2 y cables but they only included 1 in the kit (on order from Amazon). Even if I figure out how to connect them, if the 2 aren't labeled, how do I know what's what?

ANY help would be so appreciated!

Thanks
Hi, I canít post the URL because Iím new here, but for you and anyone else with this issue (and Iíve been Googling in frustration for three days) go to YouTube and check out @FatGuyFlysRC thereís a brilliant video posted 5th March 2024 showing the whole build of the Arrows Bigfoot PNP with receiver and transmitter set-up. Very clear and helpful. Happy flying.
The following users liked this post:
flyboy2610 (04-07-2024)